On 25th March 2015, CFD Direct was launched by Henry Weller (creator of OpenFOAM), Chris Greenshields, and Jenya Collings. At the end of our first year, we summarise our principal activities as the primary contributor to OpenFOAM, producing 3 releases of OpenFOAM, maintaining the OpenFOAM code base, managing the OpenFOAM Foundation, creating a free documentation resource and engaging with the community. We launched 3 training courses — Essential, Applied and Programming CFD — which we deliver as scheduled classroom courses, live virtual training and on-site. We launched CFD Direct From the Cloud (CFDDFC), a complete CFD cloud computing platform using Amazon Web Services EC2.
CFD Direct is the manager and primary developer of OpenFOAM, on behalf of the OpenFOAM Foundation, the copyright holder and licensor of OpenFOAM. It's Directors include: Henry Weller, the creator of OpenFOAM; and Chris Greenshields, OpenFOAM co-founder — both also Directors of the OpenFOAM Foundation. CFD Direct provides services for OpenFOAM, including:
- Managing Director, CFD Direct.
- Co-founder/Director OpenFOAM Foundation.
- Created OpenFOAM Training Courses.
- Delivered ~300 days of OpenFOAM Training.
- Author of the http://openfoam.org website.
- Co-founder of OpenFOAM project (2004).
- Author of OpenFOAM User Guide.
- 20 years OpenFOAM experience.
- Mechanical Engineer.
Need our OpenFOAM Services?
... or want to help with OpenFOAM?
CFD Direct was founded by the OpenFOAM experts, who share a belief in free, open source software and have a mission to make CFD accessible and inclusive. Through our management and development of OpenFOAM, we are producing software that:
- allows access to the implementation of scientific knowledge;
- allows access for those who could not otherwise afford it;
- encourages collaboration and advancement;
- covers as many CFD applications as possible.
CFD Direct enables delivery of successful, timely CFD analysis by providing services to users of OpenFOAM, including training, code development and support. We are interested in working with others who wish to join our mission and contribute to OpenFOAM.