|Date||Course||Location||Price||Click to Book|
|31 Jan - 01 Feb 2017||OpenFOAM Training: Programming CFD||Virtual, Americas||USD 1,500||Full|
|06 Feb - 07 Feb 2017||OpenFOAM Training: Essential CFD||London, UK||GBP 950||Booking Open|
|08 Feb - 09 Feb 2017||OpenFOAM Training: Applied CFD||London, UK||GBP 950||Nearly Full|
|27 Feb - 28 Feb 2017||OpenFOAM Training: Essential CFD||Houston, USA||USD 1,500||Booking Open|
|01 Mar - 02 Mar 2017||OpenFOAM Training: Applied CFD||Houston, USA||USD 1,500||Booking Open|
|21 Mar - 22 Mar 2017||OpenFOAM Training: Programming CFD||Virtual, Europe||EUR 1,100||Nearly Full|
|24 Apr - 25 Apr 2017||OpenFOAM Training: Essential CFD||Berlin, Germany||EUR 1,100||Booking Open|
|26 Apr - 27 Apr 2017||OpenFOAM Training: Applied CFD||Berlin, Germany||EUR 1,100||Booking Open|
|16 May - 18 May 2017||OpenFOAM Training: Programming CFD||Virtual, Asia-Pacific||USD 1,500||Booking Open|
|04 Jul - 05 Jul 2017||OpenFOAM Training: Programming CFD||London, UK||GBP 950||Booking Open|
Improving OpenFOAM Usability
Our training is not just updated for OpenFOAM v4, but actually informed the development of OpenFOAM v4. How? OpenFOAM v4 offers improved usability through developments contributed by Henry Weller (OpenFOAM Architect) and Chris Greenshields (OpenFOAM Manager and Trainer) at CFD Direct. The following features were added so our course participants spend less time struggling with quirks of the software, leaving more time to build and practice their CFD skills.
- Fast, simple post-processing with the new OpenFOAM Post-Processing Interface, utility, graphing and functions, live plotting of time-value data and creating videos.
- Easy case management with the new OpenFOAM Case Management Tools and Template cases, that provide a convenient way to set up and start a new simulation.
- More useful and convenient boundary conditions, multiphase and general modelling.
- Simpler controls by separating required user input data from application configuration controls, e.g. for snappyHexMesh.
- Tools to create starter code for easier programming of CFD in OpenFOAM, e.g. programming of boundary conditions, new applications, post-processing functions, etc.
Developing CFD Experience and Competence
The training involves learning through experience. We present participants with representative cases, many of which were added to OpenFOAM v3 and v4, spanning a range of scientific disciplines and industries, e.g. external aerodynamics of a car, wind flow around buildings, static mixer, nozzle jet, cyclone, water channel, exhaust system, propeller, etc. We teach design of CFD solutions, starting with a prototype case that is then enhanced in small, digestible steps with periods of reflection to reinforce new concepts. We build competence in CFD with OpenFOAM, giving participants the confidence to repeatedly carry out CFD analysis to a defined standard.
- Confidence = not freezing at the keyboard.
- Repeatedly = delivering a good solution, and another…
- Defined standard = understand what a good solution is and delivering solutions in a timely manner.
The training addresses the challenges of CFD analysis through a modular curriculum that builds competence across the core components of CFD: fluid dynamics/physical modelling; geometry and meshing; numerical methods; data analysis; and, computing. The training is flexible, but we don’t mistake “flexibility” for “training without structure that misses key competencies.”