OpenFOAM is leading software for computational fluid dynamics (CFD). It is licensed free and open source only under the GNU General Public Licence (GPL) by the OpenFOAM Foundation.
Unlock the power of OpenFOAM to deliver robust CFD solutions. Essential, Applied, Programming and Cloud OpenFOAM Training courses from the Architects of OpenFOAM.
Our team undertakes OpenFOAM Development projects and code customisation, with experience of managing and executing over 100 development projects.
OpenFOAM Support, direct from the founders and architect of OpenFOAM, covering software deployment and operation, CFD practice, and code customisation.
The leading open source CFD software
CFD Direct is pleased to announce the release of version 10 of CFD Direct From the Cloud™ (CFDDFC®), available on Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketplace as the standard CFDDFC product and CFDDFC (Arm). Standard CFDDFC v10 includes OpenFOAM v10, ParaView v5.6.0, OpenMPI v4.1.1 and FreeCAD v0.19.2, running on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. CFDDFC (Arm) is server-only including OpenFOAM v10 and OpenMPI v4.1.1, running on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. CFDDFC runs on single instances with up to 64 C6i Intel cores (c6i.32xlarge), 96 C6a AMD cores (c6a.48xlarge) or 64 C7g Graviton cores (c7g.16xlarge) and in clusters with with good parallel scaling on clusters of instances up to 1000 cores.
In Autumn 2022 – Spring 2023, CFD Direct is running its OpenFOAM Training courses — Essential CFD, Applied CFD and Programming CFD — fully updated with the latest features of the new version 10 release of OpenFOAM. The training uses new features in OpenFOAM v10 for more productive and effective CFD. All courses are delivered as live virtual training. Essential and Applied CFD courses are available: 19 – 23 Sep, 3-7 Oct, 6-10 Feb (2023), 13-17 Mar. Programming CFD is available 17-19 Oct, 1-3 Nov, 24-26 Jan (2023), 28 Feb-2 Mar, 28-30 Mar.
In May 2022, CFD Direct released Non-Conformal Coupling (NCC) in OpenFOAM to connect regions of a domain with independent meshes for applications including rotating geometry. NCC is a robust replacement for the Arbitrary Mesh Interface (AMI) and associated ACMI and Repeat AMI functionalities. Unlike the AMI functionalities, NCC ensures conservation which is essential for accuracy but also for stability, in particular in numerical schemes designed to maintain boundedness, e.g. in multiphase flows. NCC naturally works for partially-overlapping geometries, as illustrated by the case of opening and closing of a three port ball value.
In May 2022, CFD Direct released Non-Conformal Coupling (NCC) in OpenFOAM to connect regions of a domain with independent meshes for applications including rotating geometry. NCC is a robust replacement for the Arbitrary Mesh Interface (AMI) and associated ACMI and Repeat AMI functionalities. This document describes how to use NCC to enable OpenFOAM users to transition from the AMI functionality to NCC. Due to its popularity, AMI remains in OpenFOAM for the next version 10 release in July 2022, but will thereafter be removed. The unreliable ACMI and Repeat AMI functionalities are removed.
Latest News on Twitter
- The new "foamMultiRun" application can run different modular solvers on different mesh regions, providing a general… https://t.co/LOqnzxFUX72 days ago
- Get started with CFD Direct From the Cloud (CFDDFC®), our complete #cloud platform for #OpenFOAM, pay-as-you-go, on… https://t.co/1R1xKfuKWs2 days ago
- The initial new modular solvers in #OpenFOAM-dev are "fluid", "isoThermalFluid", "multicomponentFluid" and "solid",… https://t.co/ThZ9IFsSiY3 days ago
- The Numerical Methods chapter of our book, Notes on CFD: General Principles, helps understand the schemes used in t… https://t.co/EdypB1TOge3 days ago
- Get started with CFD Direct From the Cloud (CFDDFC®), our complete #cloud platform for #OpenFOAM, pay-as-you-go, on… https://t.co/n4DSIGrEvJ4 days ago
- foamRun is the generalised CFD application which loads new modular solvers in #OpenFOAM-dev https://t.co/cnw9XdPQ9i4 days ago
- The #official User Guide for #OpenFOAM v10 is freely available online in easy-to-read format. Bookmark the page: https://t.co/2f9hMHeSLR4 days ago
- New pack (20220807) of #OpenFOAM-dev for @ubuntu installable on Windows 10, with Docker images for @Linux and macOS https://t.co/QzGL00sKvg5 days ago
- The cost our #OpenFOAM training is a small fraction of a single core, commercial CFD licence - That's real value. https://t.co/wvTdAZdpyC9 days ago
- Running #CFD with #OpenFOAM requires essential skills and knowledge. Our #Essential CFD Training provides this: https://t.co/47rHrKahnQ10 days ago