Our mission is to make computational fluid dynamics (CFD) accessible and inclusive by developing free, open source CFD software — OpenFOAM — and providing services to its users.
Unlock the power of OpenFOAM to deliver robust CFD solutions. Essential, Applied, Programming and Cloud OpenFOAM Training courses from the Architects of OpenFOAM.
Our team undertakes OpenFOAM Development projects and code customisation, with experience of managing and executing over 100 development projects.
OpenFOAM Support, direct from the founders and architect of OpenFOAM, covering software deployment and operation, CFD practice, and code customisation.
The leading open source CFD software
CFD Direct Limited has become one of the first approved Amazon Web Services (AWS) Partners to achieve High Performance Computing (HPC) Competency status. This designation recognises that CFD Direct has demonstrated deep experience helping customers optimise their computational fluid dynamics (CFD) workloads on AWS. Using CFD Direct From the Cloud™ (CFDDFC®), engineers and scientists can launch instances, pre-configured with OpenFOAM, in minutes — with up to 48 processors and clusters of 100s of processors.
In Spring/Summer 2021, CFD Direct is running its OpenFOAM Training courses — Essential CFD, Applied CFD and Programming CFD — fully updated with the latest features of the new version 8 release of OpenFOAM. The training uses new features in OpenFOAM v8 for more productive and effective CFD. All courses are delivered as live virtual training due to Covid-19 travel restrictions in 2021. Essential and Applied CFD courses are available: 1-5 Feb, 15-19 Mar, 26-30 Apr. Programming CFD is available 26-28 Jan, 23-25 Feb, 23-25 Mar, 18-20 May.
In 2020, CFD Direct were tasked to develop multicomponent diffusion modelling in OpenFOAM with funding from the Process Engineering Consortium. The Consortium need models, e.g. Maxwell-Stefan, that represent complex diffusion of species in fluid mixtures, affecting both specie concentration and energy. As part of the work, we created a new ThermophysicalTransportModels library with a new interfaces for: fluxes of heat, q() and divq(); and fluxes of mass, j() and divj(). As a consequence, heat transfer became consistent across applications, boundary conditions and data processing. This critical code redesign is typical of our strategy for sustainable development of OpenFOAM, supported by dedicated maintenance funding from OpenFOAM supporters.
CFD Direct is pleased to announce the release of version 8 of CFD Direct From the Cloud™ (CFDDFC®) for Microsoft Azure. Available from the Azure Marketplace, CFDDFC v8 includes OpenFOAM v8, ParaView v5.6.0, OpenMPI v2.1.1 and FreeCAD v0.18.3, running on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. Users can launch pay-as-you-go VMs from the image in minutes and connect via remote desktop or terminal login using SSH. Azure offers a wide range of VM types including the compute-optimised F-series with up to 36 physical cores (F72sv2) and the high performance computing H-series.
Latest News on Twitter
- New squarePulse Function1 enables switching on a parameter at a specified time and duration in #OpenFOAM-dev https://t.co/QXFRyFsOau19 hours ago
- CFD Direct has become one of the first approved @AWS_Partners to achieve the AWS #HPC Competency status, in recogni… https://t.co/ShBcXal0NJ23 hours ago
- Book now for our #OpenFOAM Essential and Applied #CFD Training, from the recognised experts who produce #OpenFOAM,… https://t.co/6Lsp5JibGH5 days ago
- New massSource fvOption specifies a mass source to the continuity equation and to all field equations in #OpenFOAM-… https://t.co/Ja2KZTTHEN5 days ago
- Build competency in #freesoftware #CFD with our extensive #OpenFOAM Training - better than renewing licences: https://t.co/L6zUwG9jhC5 days ago
- In the sloshingTank tutorials, the mesh is generated using a standard blockMeshDict configuration with codeStream t… https://t.co/AMRZoxT2BG6 days ago
- Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest #OpenFOAM developments, releases, documentation, videos, cloud, training: https://t.co/NNgKuT66sD6 days ago
- Get started with #OpenFOAM v8 in the cloud, simple deployment on @awscloud #cloud with CFDDFC® Command Line Interfa… https://t.co/1KJCZCc9fQ7 days ago
- In the angleDuct tutorial, replaced the m4 script in the blockMesh configuration with codeStream to generate vertic… https://t.co/ywLfyKlQGo7 days ago
- Day 1 of #Programming #CFD Training Course, #Virtual Europe, using the features we added since v4 to simplify use o… https://t.co/d1uTjyJ1VY8 days ago