OpenFOAM is leading software for computational fluid dynamics (CFD). It is licensed free and open source only under the GNU General Public Licence (GPL) by the OpenFOAM Foundation.
Unlock the power of OpenFOAM to deliver robust CFD solutions. Essential, Applied, Programming and Cloud OpenFOAM Training courses from the Architects of OpenFOAM.
Our team undertakes OpenFOAM Development projects and code customisation, with experience of managing and executing over 100 development projects.
OpenFOAM Support, direct from the founders and architect of OpenFOAM, covering software deployment and operation, CFD practice, and code customisation.
The leading open source CFD software
We design our OpenFOAM Training so that users can learn effective CFD, giving them the confidence to carry out CFD analysis, repeatedly, to a defined standard in a timely manner. We provide 4 courses that teach reliable procedures to configure, run and maintain CFD simulations. While creating and improving these courses, we have contributed tools to OpenFOAM for more productive CFD, so that users waste less time on routine tasks. They include the post-processing command line interface, template cases, and tools for case setup, monitoring simulations, quick documentation and code customisation.
In Autumn 2018, CFD Direct is running its OpenFOAM Training courses — Essential CFD, Applied CFD, Programming CFD and Cloud CFD — fully updated with the latest features of the new version 6 release of OpenFOAM. Essential and Applied CFD courses are available: 24-27 Sep, London UK; 15-18 Oct, Chicago USA; 30 Oct – 1 Nov and 5-7 Nov, Virtual Training; 12-15 Nov, Munich Germany. Programming CFD is available 11-13 Sep and 2-4 Oct as Virtual Training. We use new features in OpenFOAM v6 for more productive and effective CFD.
OpenFOAM provides leading CFD software to thousands of people within academia and industry for free. However, CFD is inherently complex and competency in CFD requires more than simply “learning the software package”. Our 4 OpenFOAM Training courses build CFD competency through a process of solution design with course prices equivalent to 1-2 weeks of payroll cost of a CFD engineer or 2% of a single core, commercial CFD licence. Our schedule includes classroom courses in UK, Germany and USA, with Live Virtual attendance worldwide, and on-site training for groups of 5 or more.
CFD Direct From the Cloud (CFDDFC) is our established platform for running OpenFOAM, ParaView and supporting software using cloud computing. CFDDFC is now available on AWS C5 and M5 instances of Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2). The CFDDFC product page on AWS MarketPlace now lists CFDDFC versions 5.2 and 4.2, corresponding to versions 5 and 4 of OpenFOAM, respectively. Users who launch CFDDFC with the command line interface should update their installation of CFDDFC immediately.
Latest News on Twitter
- Reduce the cost of CFD with our pay-as-you-go #OpenFOAM #cloud solution, CFD Direct From the Cloud™: https://t.co/3xBElWi8Ek3 days ago
- Corrected thermal diffusion for laminar flow using enthalpy in #OpenFOAM-dev https://t.co/isSS8XlnAy3 days ago
- Learn about the new features and tools in #OpenFOAM v6 from the company who created it! Join our OpenFOAM Training,… https://t.co/GLSbI7aiWn4 days ago
- See what our customers say about our Essential CFD course: https://t.co/EWH0HzPCly4 days ago
- Added -noFields option to subsetMesh in #OpenFOAM-dev - useful when the fields are configured for the mesh after su… https://t.co/UE8A4kSZKj4 days ago
- We are building up a library of videos, containing quick tips on using #OpenFOAM. It's free, and reliable since we… https://t.co/O3aXWJooJY5 days ago
- RT @CFDFoundation: @OpenQBMM Iowa State University joins other major organisations in signing the #OpenFOAM Contributor Agreement to help u…5 days ago
- From #OpenFOAM code architects, #Essential and #Applied #CFD Training #Chicago, 15-18 Oct 2018. Book your place now: https://t.co/8v6D1td5yE5 days ago
- New sixDoFRigidBodyControl functionObject stops the run when the body motion converges in #OpenFOAM-dev https://t.co/Y87UmzuWLd5 days ago
- RT @CFDFoundation: Join the live stream for the free #OpenFOAM Open Day to hear a case study of Combustion in OpenFOAM, from our contributo…6 days ago