OpenFOAM is leading software for computational fluid dynamics (CFD). It is licensed free and open source only under the GNU General Public Licence (GPL) by the OpenFOAM Foundation.
Unlock the power of OpenFOAM to deliver robust CFD solutions. Essential, Applied and Programming OpenFOAM Training courses from the Architects of OpenFOAM.
Our team undertakes OpenFOAM Development projects and code customisation, with experience of managing and executing over 100 development projects.
OpenFOAM Support, direct from the founders and architect of OpenFOAM, covering software deployment and operation, CFD practice, and code customisation.
The leading open source CFD software
Cloud computing replaces large upfront expenses with low, variable payments that only apply to what you use. CFD simulations cover a range of sizes and complexity. Activity is generally interrupted by quiet periods when simulations are halted, e.g. when a simulation ends non-working hours, during analysis of results or preparation of a new simulation, etc. The fluctuating demand makes CFD well suited to a pay-per-use model. Users need to understand the costs involved to get the best value from cloud and be confident that they fall within budget. This article explains the costs, with an example of an external aerodynamics calculation with OpenFOAM using CFD Direct From the Cloud™ (CFDDFC) on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
A breakdown of outstanding issues in OpenFOAM (2016-10-26) shows 90% of unresolved issues falling within only 7 categories. The two worst offenders account for almost half of all unresolved issues: 1) AMI, ACMI and cyclic interfaces; and, 2) heat transfer, including conjugate heat transfer (CHT). These categories, and “particles and tracking” and “sources/constraints” in particular, require significant refactoring and/or rewriting. Their current state of disrepair was caused by poor funding under a roadmap development strategy. Funding of agile development of OpenFOAM is now needed to support our aim to improve quality, with a target 50% reduction in unresolved issues in 2017.
Latest News on Twitter
- Get started with CFD Direct From the Cloud™, the complete #cloud platform for #OpenFOAM, on @Azure: https://t.co/OWaLDhtOks2 days ago
- Be more productive with #OpenFOAM #CFD with useful commands in our free #Linux Guide for OpenFOAM: https://t.co/awXjcSDOty3 days ago
- Build effective #OpenFOAM simulations quickly with our #Essential #CFD Training from the Architects of OpenFOAM: https://t.co/EWH0HzPCly3 days ago
- Great #OpenFOAM #CFD simulation on a laptop that mimics the video of @Thom_astro https://t.co/uO4ihBT3DM4 days ago
- Get even more productive #freesoftware #CFD at lower cost with our #OpenFOAM Training from recognised experts: https://t.co/L6zUwG9jhC4 days ago
- Added optional laminar and turbulent diffusivity to the great scalarTransport function object in #OpenFOAM-dev #CFD: https://t.co/4cdDhJ8PnW4 days ago
- From #OpenFOAM code architects, #Essential and #Applied #CFD Training Berlin, 24-27 Apr 2017. Book now: https://t.co/QWLe3CDkaI4 days ago
- Learn from experts to write quality, C++ code in #OpenFOAM with our acclaimed 2 day virtual #Programming #CFD course https://t.co/Xhh17Tr9Uo5 days ago
- A few seats left for our #OpenFOAM Training course in Houston 27 Feb-2 Mar 2017. Book your seat now: https://t.co/miyMlWImRJ5 days ago
- Added a simple solidification model using a porous blockage, with optional phase fraction, in #OpenFOAM-dev https://t.co/6yxt7qvIhA5 days ago