OpenFOAM is leading software for computational fluid dynamics (CFD). It is licensed free and open source only under the GNU General Public Licence (GPL) by the OpenFOAM Foundation.
Unlock the power of OpenFOAM to deliver robust CFD solutions. Essential, Applied and Programming OpenFOAM Training courses from the Architects of OpenFOAM.
Our team undertakes OpenFOAM Development projects and code customisation, with experience of managing and executing over 100 development projects.
OpenFOAM Support, direct from the founders and architect of OpenFOAM, covering software deployment and operation, CFD practice, and code customisation.
The leading open source CFD software
OpenFOAM is free, open source software in computational fluid dynamics for real-world engineering and scientific applications. CFD Direct is committed to maintain OpenFOAM, demonstrated by the thousands of code commits to OpenFOAM-dev, with support from contributors. Maintenance concerns the evolution of software in response to changes in user expectation and environment. We have introduced an agile strategy suitable to the feedback process of software evolution and have identified key areas of OpenFOAM that requiring significant redesign, e.g. AMI and particles.
Cloud computing replaces large upfront expenses with low, variable payments that only apply to what you use. CFD simulations cover a range of sizes and complexity. Activity is generally interrupted by quiet periods when simulations are halted, e.g. when a simulation ends non-working hours, during analysis of results or preparation of a new simulation, etc. The fluctuating demand makes CFD well suited to a pay-per-use model. Users need to understand the costs involved to get the best value from cloud and be confident that they fall within budget. This article explains the costs, with an example of an external aerodynamics calculation with OpenFOAM using CFD Direct From the Cloud™ (CFDDFC) on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
Latest News on Twitter
- Added sloshingCylinder tutorial to #OpenFOAM-dev demonstrating snappyHexMesh with polar background blockMesh: https://t.co/BL4ETn0UD55 hours ago
- Build confidence in #OpenFOAM with our #Essential #CFD Training, from the recognised experts who produce #OpenFOAM. https://t.co/EWH0HzPClyyesterday
- Few seats still available Essential and Applied #CFD, #OpenFOAM Training, #Berlin 24-27 Apr 2017. Book now: https://t.co/QWLe3ClIM8yesterday
- 20% discount for Applied #CFD when booked with Essential CFD #OpenFOAM Training, #Virtual, 26-27 Jun 2017. Book now: https://t.co/Pr6uayaiXT2 days ago
- Open source projects like #OpenFOAM need a fast release cycle, a trust network and people who get the job done: https://t.co/tVUWPLtsFN2 days ago
- Get even more productive #freesoftware #CFD at lower cost with our #OpenFOAM Training from recognised experts: https://t.co/L6zUwG9jhC3 days ago
- Updated blockMeshDict files to use multi-grading in the pitzDaily tutorials in #OpenFOAM-dev: https://t.co/EPtYswmbeD3 days ago
- Day 1 of #Programming #CFD Training Course, #Virtual Europe, using the latest version of #OpenFOAM (v4.1)3 days ago
- New pack (20170318) of #OpenFOAM-dev for @ubuntu, installable on Windows 10, with Docker images for @Linux, macOS: https://t.co/kzRiGZU6Aq4 days ago
- Added EDC turbulent combustion model, including TDAC/ISAT for efficient chemistry, in #OpenFOAM-dev with @BURN_jrg: https://t.co/bND9bQ4YYg4 days ago