OpenFOAM is leading software for computational fluid dynamics (CFD). It is licensed free and open source only under the GNU General Public Licence (GPL) by the OpenFOAM Foundation.
Unlock the power of OpenFOAM to deliver robust CFD solutions. Essential, Applied, Programming and Cloud OpenFOAM Training courses from the Architects of OpenFOAM.
Our team undertakes OpenFOAM Development projects and code customisation, with experience of managing and executing over 100 development projects.
OpenFOAM Support, direct from the founders and architect of OpenFOAM, covering software deployment and operation, CFD practice, and code customisation.
The leading open source CFD software
CFD Direct announces the release of their new 1 day Cloud CFD course, the fourth course in their portfolio of OpenFOAM Training. The course enables users to run CFD with OpenFOAM on AWS, training the tools and processes for inexpensive, secure, efficient cloud use. The course addresses the main concerns of using public cloud: cost management, security, efficient CFD and data management. It exploits the cost benefits of cloud: meeting fluctuating demand for hardware at a cost that represents consistent, high utilitisation; and using cheaper, spare capacity, with an application that does not require 100% availability.
OpenFOAM is free, open source software for computational fluid dynamics (CFD). At the heart of OpenFOAM is a development kit (“SDK”), providing software and tools to build CFD applications, enabling users to customise their CFD, quickly and conveniently. CFD Direct includes OpenFOAM developers who maintain the SDK. We manage an environment for sustainable OpenFOAM development that involves: early public code release with rapid-turnaround user feedback; a network of developers, funding companies and users; and, co-ordinated code integration and maintenance.
OpenFOAM provides leading CFD software to thousands of people within academia and industry for free. However, CFD is inherently complex and competency in CFD requires more than simply “learning the software package”. Our 3 × 2 day OpenFOAM Training courses build CFD competency through a process of solution design with course prices equivalent to 1-2 weeks of payroll cost of a CFD engineer or 2% of a single core, commercial CFD licence. Our schedule includes classroom courses in UK, Germany and USA, with Live Virtual attendance worldwide, and on-site training for groups of 5 or more.
In Autumn 2017, CFD Direct are running their OpenFOAM Training courses — Essential CFD, Applied CFD and Programming CFD — fully updated with the latest features of the new version 5 release of OpenFOAM. Essential and Applied CFD courses are available: 25-28 Sep, London UK, and 16-19 Oct, Chicago USA with limited places via the Internet; 6-9 November, Munich Germany. Programming CFD is available 12-13 Sep and 3-4 Oct as Virtual Training. We use new features in OpenFOAM v5 to give our participants the confidence to carry out CFD analysis, repeatedly, to a defined standard in a timely manner.
Latest News on Twitter
- Fixed issues with time step adjustment in writing data from function objects in #OpenFOAM-dev #CFD: https://t.co/qySwYl48Ve2 days ago
- Improved conservation for morphing mesh cases in compressibleInterDyMFoam in #OpenFOAM-dev #CFD: https://t.co/EwCH2WHl7i2 days ago
- We improved usability of #OpenFOAM-dev so that you now don't need to copy backup field files with the ".orig" exten… https://t.co/A4Zpoyme1M2 days ago
- Schedule and book your #OpenFOAM Training 2018, #Houston, #Berlin, #Asia-Pacific, #Americas, #London: https://t.co/FeiM7Yvm7u3 days ago
- chtMultiRegionFoam can now run steady-state solutions for conjugate heat transfer in #OpenFOAM-dev #CFD: https://t.co/oQ0cDhryy63 days ago
- New pack (20180212) of #OpenFOAM-dev for @ubuntu, installable on Windows 10, with Docker images for @Linux, macOS: https://t.co/kzRiGZU6Aq3 days ago
- Accelerate your learning of #OpenFOAM with hands-on, Classroom Training, led by a recognised expert. https://t.co/4G9Etzr4da3 days ago
- Learn from experts to write quality, C++ code in #OpenFOAM with our acclaimed virtual #Programming #CFD course,… https://t.co/NVLwVZATw64 days ago
- The cost our #OpenFOAM training is a small fraction of a single core, commercial CFD licence - That's real value. https://t.co/A6wzJbq7wG4 days ago
- Residual controls can now be used on multi-region cases, e.g. conjugate heat transfer in #OpenFOAM-dev #CFD: https://t.co/TonZ8uuSkL4 days ago