OpenFOAM is leading software for computational fluid dynamics (CFD). It is licensed free and open source only under the GNU General Public Licence (GPL) by the OpenFOAM Foundation.
Unlock the power of OpenFOAM to deliver robust CFD solutions. Essential, Applied and Programming OpenFOAM Training courses from the Architects of OpenFOAM.
Our team undertakes OpenFOAM Development projects and code customisation, with experience of managing and executing over 100 development projects.
OpenFOAM Support, direct from the founders and architect of OpenFOAM, covering software deployment and operation, CFD practice, and code customisation.
The leading open source CFD software
In April 2017, we added barycentric tracking into the public, development line of OpenFOAM (OpenFOAM-dev), as a complete replacement to the tracking algorithm that existed in OpenFOAM for over 10 years. Barycentric tracking works on any decomposed tet mesh, irrespective of mesh quality, including poor quality, flat and inverted tetrahedra. The new development was funded from the €100 k for OpenFOAM maintenance, raised through the OpenFOAM Foundation in 2017, in which “particles and tracking” was identified as an area in OpenFOAM “requiring significant code refactoring and/or rewriting”.
At the end of Year 2 of CFD Direct, we summarise our principal activities as the primary contributor to OpenFOAM. We developed new functionality, producing OpenFOAM v4.0 and v4.1, maintaining the OpenFOAM code base, documentation, websites and other infrastructure — where we contributed 1300 man-hours of work in-kind. We delivered 55 days of OpenFOAM Training — Essential, Applied and Programming CFD — as scheduled classroom courses, live virtual training and on-site. We released new versions of our cloud CFD platform, CFD Direct From the Cloud (CFDDFC), and became and Advanced Technology Partner of Amazon Web Services.
Latest News on Twitter
- Just pushed our new barycentric particle tracking into #OpenFOAM-dev. 100% reliable, irrespective of mesh quality: https://t.co/Qul0yncfYJ15 hours ago
- Learn from experts to write quality, C++ code in #OpenFOAM with our acclaimed 2 day virtual #Programming #CFD course https://t.co/Pr6uayaiXTyesterday
- In our 2nd Year we became @awscloud Advanced Technology Partner for #CFD Direct From the #Cloud with #OpenFOAM 4.1 https://t.co/9AnK0gp5qEyesterday
- Get even more productive #freesoftware #CFD at lower cost with our #OpenFOAM Training from recognised experts: https://t.co/L6zUwG9jhCyesterday
- How to reduce the cost of running #OpenFOAM CFD with CFD Direct From the Cloud™ using spot pricing on @awscloud: https://t.co/xhcUUC2i002 days ago
- In our 2nd Year, we delivered 55 days of #OpenFOAM Training with our Essential, Applied and Programming #CFD courses https://t.co/w8oQ1i9val2 days ago
- Day 1 of #Applied #CFD Training Course, #Berlin, using the latest version of #OpenFOAM (v4.1 https://t.co/chnSWUlvsA2 days ago
- Schedule and book your #OpenFOAM Training for 2017, #London, #Virtual, #Chicago, #Munich: https://t.co/FeiM7Yvm7u3 days ago
- In our 2nd Year, we handled ~500 reported issues for #OpenFOAM and successfully campaigned for €100k for maintenance https://t.co/zdL4PRnRbg3 days ago
- See our curriculum and what our customers say about our Programming #CFD, #OpenFOAM Training course: https://t.co/Xhh17Tr9Uo3 days ago