OpenFOAM is leading software for computational fluid dynamics (CFD). It is licensed free and open source only under the GNU General Public Licence (GPL) by the OpenFOAM Foundation.
Unlock the power of OpenFOAM to deliver robust CFD solutions. Essential, Applied and Programming OpenFOAM Training courses from the Architects of OpenFOAM.
Our team undertakes OpenFOAM Development projects and code customisation, with experience of managing and executing over 100 development projects.
OpenFOAM Support, direct from the founders and architect of OpenFOAM, covering software deployment and operation, CFD practice, and code customisation.
The leading open source CFD software
OpenFOAM provides leading CFD software to thousands of people within academia and industry for free. However, CFD is inherently complex and competency in CFD requires more than simply “learning the software package”. Our 3 × 2 day OpenFOAM Training courses build CFD competency through a process of solution design with course prices equivalent to 1-2 weeks of payroll cost of a CFD engineer or 2% of a single core, commercial CFD licence. Our schedule includes classroom courses in UK, Germany and USA, with Live Virtual attendance worldwide, and on-site training for groups of 5 or more.
In Autumn 2017, CFD Direct are running their OpenFOAM Training courses — Essential CFD, Applied CFD and Programming CFD — fully updated with the latest features of the new version 5 release of OpenFOAM. Essential and Applied CFD courses are available: 25-28 Sep, London UK, and 16-19 Oct, Chicago USA with limited places via the Internet; 6-9 November, Munich Germany. Programming CFD is available 12-13 Sep and 3-4 Oct as Virtual Training. We use new features in OpenFOAM v5 to give our participants the confidence to carry out CFD analysis, repeatedly, to a defined standard in a timely manner.
CFD Direct From the Cloud (CFDDFC) is our established platform for running OpenFOAM, ParaView and supporting software using cloud computing. We are pleased to announce the release of our CFDDFC command line interface (CLI) for quick, simple, deployment of OpenFOAM CFD workloads with CFDDFC on Amazon EC2. The CLI is a simple shell script named “cfddfc” that users can follow a few short short steps to get running. It uses EC2 Spot Instances by default, and provides cost estimates for data transfer to help users run workloads at lowest cost.
In May 2017, we implemented water wave modelling into the public, development line of OpenFOAM (OpenFOAM-dev), to simulate flow conditions experienced in marine and offshore engineering, e.g. on a ship in open water. The initial implementation includes the first order Airy wave and the second order Stokes wave (Stokes II), a second-order accurate utility to apply waves for case initialisation to the entire domain. A verticalDamping source (fvOption) provides wave damping towards outlet regions and an interfaceHeight function object processes interface elevation at specified locations.
Latest News on Twitter
- Learn from experts to write quality, C++ code in #OpenFOAM with our acclaimed virtual #Programming #CFD course.… https://t.co/MND6HXcP9p2 hours ago
- Advance your career in 2018 with #OpenFOAM #CFD Training #Houston, 26 Feb - 1 Mar 2018. Book your place now:… https://t.co/M1REwXwJHh19 hours ago
- Correct non-coupled boundary values in blackBodyEmission radiation modelling in #OpenFOAM-dev: https://t.co/ThUVBHcjPW22 hours ago
- Build effective #OpenFOAM simulations quickly with our #Essential #CFD Training from the Architects of OpenFOAM: https://t.co/EWH0HzPClyyesterday
- Day 1 of #OpenFOAM Essential #CFD Training Course, #Chicago #Virtual, using the features we added to v5 to simplify… https://t.co/gmdnSRJz7fyesterday
- Last seats available for #OpenFOAM Essential and Applied #CFD Training, #Munich 6-9 Nov 2018. Book your place now: https://t.co/LsQb883uoPyesterday
- Get started with OpenFOAM v5 in the cloud, simple deployment on @awscloud #cloud with CFDDDFC Command Line Interface https://t.co/Jlg4cf0O7I5 days ago
- Customize your On-Site #OpenFOAM Training from 60 modules from Essential, Applied and Programming #CFD courses: https://t.co/fupsZwLW5m5 days ago
- Learn effective #CFD in 2018, with the new tools in v5 to make #OpenFOAM easier to use, from the #OpenFOAM experts. https://t.co/A6wzJbq7wG6 days ago
- Build competency in #freesoftware #CFD with our extensive #OpenFOAM Training - better than renewing licences: https://t.co/L6zUwG9jhC6 days ago