OpenFOAM is leading software for computational fluid dynamics (CFD). It is licensed free and open source only under the GNU General Public Licence (GPL) by the OpenFOAM Foundation.
Unlock the power of OpenFOAM to deliver robust CFD solutions. Essential, Applied, Programming and Cloud OpenFOAM Training courses from the Architects of OpenFOAM.
Our team undertakes OpenFOAM Development projects and code customisation, with experience of managing and executing over 100 development projects.
OpenFOAM Support, direct from the founders and architect of OpenFOAM, covering software deployment and operation, CFD practice, and code customisation.
The leading open source CFD software
In Spring 2019, CFD Direct is running its OpenFOAM Training courses — Essential CFD, Applied CFD, Programming CFD and Cloud CFD — fully updated with the latest features of the new version 6 release of OpenFOAM. Essential and Applied CFD courses are available — with some remote places for remote attendance — on: 4-7 Feb, London UK; 25-28 Feb, Houston USA; 20-23 May, Cologne Germany; 13-16 Jun, Denver USA. Programming CFD is available 29-31 Jan and 12-14 Mar as Virtual Training.
OpenFOAM sustainability involves developing software that meets critical needs of users, through a balance of resources, technology, investment and institutional support. The critical needs are availability, usability, robustness and extensibility. The critical work required to meet those needs are publishing, repair and redesign. Employers rarely allocate time to individuals to contribute critical work, so it is generally left to “career maintainers” at CFD Direct. With limited funding, decisions about the critical work are made by those who fund and/or contribute the work, via The OpenFOAM Hub.
We design our OpenFOAM Training so that users can learn effective CFD, giving them the confidence to carry out CFD analysis, repeatedly, to a defined standard in a timely manner. We provide 4 courses that teach reliable procedures to configure, run and maintain CFD simulations. While creating and improving these courses, we have contributed tools to OpenFOAM for more productive CFD, so that users waste less time on routine tasks. They include the post-processing command line interface, template cases, and tools for case setup, monitoring simulations, quick documentation and code customisation.
In Autumn 2018, CFD Direct is running its OpenFOAM Training courses — Essential CFD, Applied CFD, Programming CFD and Cloud CFD — fully updated with the latest features of the new version 6 release of OpenFOAM. Essential and Applied CFD courses are available: 24-27 Sep, London UK; 15-18 Oct, Chicago USA; 30 Oct – 1 Nov and 5-7 Nov, Virtual Training; 12-15 Nov, Munich Germany. Programming CFD is available 11-13 Sep and 2-4 Oct as Virtual Training. We use new features in OpenFOAM v6 for more productive and effective CFD.
Latest News on Twitter
- Complex #CFD applications in #OpenFOAM require more advanced tools, described on our #Applied CFD Training: https://t.co/q7FvMWDZ6x7 hours ago
- Added -merge option to foamDictionary, to merge keyword entries, particularly within sub-dictionaries in #OpenFOAM-… https://t.co/LWV9a4LbKR10 hours ago
- See our new dates for our #OpenFOAM Training #Virtual London, 4-7 Feb 2019 (attend from any location): https://t.co/CyUJIlBhsx14 hours ago
- A #free article on the Energy Equation in #OpenFOAM: https://t.co/KQOy5C5CwU4 days ago
- Video for quick, simple deployment of OpenFOAM v5 in the cloud, on @awscloud #cloud with CFDDDFC Command Line Inter… https://t.co/3DCjNEG7Nm5 days ago
- Book your place for our acclaimed #OpenFOAM Programming #CFD Training course, Virtual Europe, 12-14 Mar 2019: https://t.co/9y2gZHF3gt5 days ago
- See our curriculum and what our customers say about our #Essential #CFD, #OpenFOAM Training course: https://t.co/EWH0HzPCly6 days ago
- Version 6 and the development line of #OpenFOAM are now packaged for @ubuntu 18.10 cosmic https://t.co/obXlNaahAs6 days ago
- Our #OpenFOAM Training courses are fully updated with the latest features of OpenFOAM v6. New dates and new locatio… https://t.co/zB9bzGCzyP6 days ago
- Advance your career with #OpenFOAM Training #Houston, #CFD, 25-28 Feb 2019, from the primary developers. Book now: https://t.co/miyMlWImRJ7 days ago