Our mission is to make computational fluid dynamics (CFD) accessible and inclusive by developing free, open source CFD software — OpenFOAM — and providing services to its users.
Unlock the power of OpenFOAM to deliver robust CFD solutions. Essential, Applied, Programming and Cloud OpenFOAM Training courses from the Architects of OpenFOAM.
Our team undertakes OpenFOAM Development projects and code customisation, with experience of managing and executing over 100 development projects.
OpenFOAM Support, direct from the founders and architect of OpenFOAM, covering software deployment and operation, CFD practice, and code customisation.
The leading open source CFD software
CFD Direct is pleased to announce the release of version 9 of CFD Direct From the Cloud™ (CFDDFC®), available on Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketplace as the standard CFDDFC product and CFDDFC (Arm). Standard CFDDFC v9 includes OpenFOAM v9, ParaView v5.6.0, OpenMPI v4.1.1 and FreeCAD v0.19.2, running on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. CFDDFC (Arm) is server-only including OpenFOAM v9 and OpenMPI v4.1.1, running on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. CFDDFC runs on single instances with up to 48 C5 Intel cores (c5.24xlarge) or 64 C6 Arm-based cores (c6g.16xlarge) and in clusters with with good parallel scaling on clusters of instances up to 1000 cores.
In Autumn 2021 – Winter/Spring 2022, CFD Direct is running its OpenFOAM Training courses — Essential CFD, Applied CFD and Programming CFD — fully updated with the latest features of the new version 9 release of OpenFOAM. The training uses new features in OpenFOAM v9 for more productive and effective CFD. All courses are delivered as live virtual training. Essential and Applied CFD courses are available: 20 – 24 Sep, 18-22 Oct, 7-11 Feb (2022), 14-18 Mar. Programming CFD is available 28-30 Sep, 2-4 Nov, 23-25 Nov, 25-27 Jan (2022), 22-24 Feb, 29-31 Mar.
In March 2021, CFD Direct replaced fvOptions with new fvModels and fvConstraints classes. fvModels provided a more complete framework for implementation of complex models which could be optionally selected during a simulation. New fvModels were implemented for heat transfer and sources, which are easier to configure than a general fvOption. Pressure limiting was implemented as an fvConstraint named limitPressure, consistent with limitVelocity and limitTemperature. With additional fvModels such as cloud and surfaceFilm, solvers such as reactingFoam replicate the functionality of several existing solvers which are deprecated.
OpenFOAM provides leading CFD software to thousands of people within academia and industry for free. However, CFD is inherently complex and competency in CFD requires more than simply “learning the software package”. Our 3 OpenFOAM Training courses build CFD competency through a process of solution design with course prices equivalent to 1-2 weeks of payroll cost of a CFD engineer or 2% of a single core, commercial CFD licence. Our schedule during Covid-19 travel restrictions includes scheduled live virtual training courses at times to fit with Europe and Americas time zones.
Latest News on Twitter
- Learn from experts to write quality, C++ code in #OpenFOAM with our acclaimed #Programming #CFD course, #Virtual Am… https://t.co/qXYnXgF6A58 hours ago
- The waves modelling now allows flow reversal at boundaries, so that waves can be specified in any direction and wit… https://t.co/5laeN8vQlP10 hours ago
- Competency in CFD requires more than simply “learning the software package”. It requires learning effective #CFD… https://t.co/WZFtTH1AeE14 hours ago
- Extended header documentation to transport models which foamInfo will provide to the user, e.g. by typing "foamInfo… https://t.co/1CIjBnRPzgyesterday
- Complex #CFD applications in #OpenFOAM require more advanced tools, described on our #Applied CFD Training: https://t.co/q7FvMWDZ6x2 days ago
- Extended header documentation to thermodynamics which foamInfo will provide to the user, e.g. by typing "foamInfo j… https://t.co/B7RpWg9KWO2 days ago
- Get started with #OpenFOAM v9 in the cloud, simple deployment on @awscloud #cloud with CFDDFC® Command Line Interfa… https://t.co/UukEbNMUB92 days ago
- Book now for our #OpenFOAM Essential and Applied #CFD Training, from the recognised experts who produce #OpenFOAM,… https://t.co/gDEQvz2vSJ2 days ago
- The #official User Guide for #OpenFOAM v9 is freely available online in easy-to-read format. Bookmark the page: https://t.co/2f9hMHeSLR6 days ago
- Learn from experts to write quality, C++ code in #OpenFOAM with our acclaimed #Programming #CFD course, #Virtual Am… https://t.co/W29OJtaf7Y7 days ago