OpenFOAM is leading software for computational fluid dynamics (CFD). It is licensed free and open source only under the GNU General Public Licence (GPL) by the OpenFOAM Foundation.
Unlock the power of OpenFOAM to deliver robust CFD solutions. Essential, Applied and Programming OpenFOAM Training courses from the Architects of OpenFOAM.
Our team undertakes OpenFOAM Development projects and code customisation, with experience of managing and executing over 100 development projects.
OpenFOAM Support, direct from the founders and architect of OpenFOAM, covering software deployment and operation, CFD practice, and code customisation.
The leading open source CFD software
In Autumn 2017, CFD Direct are running their OpenFOAM Training courses — Essential CFD, Applied CFD and Programming CFD — fully updated with the latest features of the new version 5 release of OpenFOAM. Essential and Applied CFD courses are available: 25-28 Sep, London UK, and 16-19 Oct, Chicago USA with limited places via the Internet; 6-9 November, Munich Germany. Programming CFD is available 12-13 Sep and 3-4 Oct as Virtual Training. We use new features in OpenFOAM v5 to give our participants the confidence to carry out CFD analysis, repeatedly, to a defined standard in a timely manner.
CFD Direct From the Cloud (CFDDFC) is our established platform for running OpenFOAM, ParaView and supporting software using cloud computing. We are pleased to announce the release of our CFDDFC command line interface (CLI) for quick, simple, deployment of OpenFOAM CFD workloads with CFDDFC on Amazon EC2. The CLI is a simple shell script named “cfddfc” that users can follow a few short short steps to get running. It uses EC2 Spot Instances by default, and provides cost estimates for data transfer to help users run workloads at lowest cost.
In May 2017, we implemented water wave modelling into the public, development line of OpenFOAM (OpenFOAM-dev), to simulate flow conditions experienced in marine and offshore engineering, e.g. on a ship in open water. The initial implementation includes the first order Airy wave and the second order Stokes wave (Stokes II), a second-order accurate utility to apply waves for case initialisation to the entire domain. A verticalDamping source (fvOption) provides wave damping towards outlet regions and an interfaceHeight function object processes interface elevation at specified locations.
In April 2017, we added barycentric tracking into the public, development line of OpenFOAM (OpenFOAM-dev), as a complete replacement to the tracking algorithm that existed in OpenFOAM for over 10 years. Barycentric tracking works on any decomposed tet mesh, irrespective of mesh quality, including poor quality, flat and inverted tetrahedra. The new development was funded from the €100 k for OpenFOAM maintenance, raised through the OpenFOAM Foundation in 2017, in which “particles and tracking” was identified as an area in OpenFOAM “requiring significant code refactoring and/or rewriting”.
Latest News on Twitter
- Last seat left for our #OpenFOAM Programming #CFD course, #Virtual-Americas 12-13 Sep 2017. Book it now: https://t.co/Pr6uayaiXT2 hours ago
- Schedule and book #OpenFOAM Training 2017, #London, #Virtual, #Chicago, #Munich: https://t.co/FeiM7Yvm7u4 days ago
- Build competency in #freesoftware #CFD with our extensive #OpenFOAM Training - better than renewing licences: https://t.co/L6zUwG9jhC4 days ago
- Few seats still available for our #OpenFOAM Programming #CFD course. Book your place now, https://t.co/9y2gZHF3gt5 days ago
- 20% discount for Applied CFD when booked with Essential CFD #OpenFOAM Training, Virtual-Chicago, 16-19 Oct 2017: https://t.co/gjSJX1bMJ36 days ago
- 1 seat available for our #OpenFOAM Programming #CFD course, #Virtual-Americas 12-13 Sep 2017. Book now: https://t.co/Pr6uayaiXT6 days ago
- Build effective #OpenFOAM simulations quickly with our #Essential #CFD Training from the Architects of OpenFOAM: https://t.co/EWH0HzPCly6 days ago
- Get started with OpenFOAM v5 in the cloud, simple deployment on @AWScloud #cloud with CFDDDFC Command Line Interface https://t.co/Jlg4cf0O7I7 days ago
- Video for quick, simple deployment of OpenFOAM v5 in the cloud, on @awscloud with CFDDDFC Command Line Interface. https://t.co/NDY9OE930b10 days ago
- The official User Guide for #OpenFOAM 5.0 is freely available online in easy-to-read format. Bookmark the page: https://t.co/2f9hMHeSLR11 days ago