OpenFOAM is leading software for computational fluid dynamics (CFD). It is licensed free and open source only under the GNU General Public Licence (GPL) by the OpenFOAM Foundation.
Unlock the power of OpenFOAM to deliver robust CFD solutions. Essential, Applied, Programming and Cloud OpenFOAM Training courses from the Architects of OpenFOAM.
Our team undertakes OpenFOAM Development projects and code customisation, with experience of managing and executing over 100 development projects.
OpenFOAM Support, direct from the founders and architect of OpenFOAM, covering software deployment and operation, CFD practice, and code customisation.
The leading open source CFD software
OpenFOAM sustainability involves developing software that meets critical needs of users, through a balance of resources, technology, investment and institutional support. The critical needs are availability, usability, robustness and extensibility. The critical work required to meet those needs are publishing, repair and redesign. Employers rarely allocate time to individuals to contribute critical work, so it is generally left to “career maintainers” at CFD Direct. With limited funding, decisions about the critical work are made by those who fund and/or contribute the work, via The OpenFOAM Hub.
We design our OpenFOAM Training so that users can learn effective CFD, giving them the confidence to carry out CFD analysis, repeatedly, to a defined standard in a timely manner. We provide 4 courses that teach reliable procedures to configure, run and maintain CFD simulations. While creating and improving these courses, we have contributed tools to OpenFOAM for more productive CFD, so that users waste less time on routine tasks. They include the post-processing command line interface, template cases, and tools for case setup, monitoring simulations, quick documentation and code customisation.
In Autumn 2018, CFD Direct is running its OpenFOAM Training courses — Essential CFD, Applied CFD, Programming CFD and Cloud CFD — fully updated with the latest features of the new version 6 release of OpenFOAM. Essential and Applied CFD courses are available: 24-27 Sep, London UK; 15-18 Oct, Chicago USA; 30 Oct – 1 Nov and 5-7 Nov, Virtual Training; 12-15 Nov, Munich Germany. Programming CFD is available 11-13 Sep and 2-4 Oct as Virtual Training. We use new features in OpenFOAM v6 for more productive and effective CFD.
OpenFOAM provides leading CFD software to thousands of people within academia and industry for free. However, CFD is inherently complex and competency in CFD requires more than simply “learning the software package”. Our 4 OpenFOAM Training courses build CFD competency through a process of solution design with course prices equivalent to 1-2 weeks of payroll cost of a CFD engineer or 2% of a single core, commercial CFD licence. Our schedule includes classroom courses in UK, Germany and USA, with Live Virtual attendance worldwide, and on-site training for groups of 5 or more.
Latest News on Twitter
- Save time and costs with our hands-on, live Virtual Training, #OpenFOAM C++ #Programming #CFD: https://t.co/Ze0AmRrgqx20 hours ago
- Implemented new iso-surface method in #OpenFOAM-dev that produces smoother surfaces and files that are up to 4 time… https://t.co/xEFxRAgOVT23 hours ago
- Learn the tensor mathematics used in #OpenFOAM #CFD with our free online guide: https://t.co/NUbv51ejkvyesterday
- Reduce the cost of CFD with our pay-as-you-go #OpenFOAM #cloud solution, CFD Direct From the Cloud™: https://t.co/0JidFN7mWjyesterday
- Consolidated cone injection for particles within coneInjection, modifying the random distribution to remove a bias… https://t.co/2LIpP0sImVyesterday
- Day 1 of #Applied #CFD Training Course, #Munich, using the latest version of #OpenFOAM (v6).2 days ago
- New dates available for our acclaimed #OpenFOAM Programming #CFD Training, #Virtual Americas time zone 29-31 Jan 20… https://t.co/Q7PUtXOUEK2 days ago
- Simplified set up of Tabulation of Dynamic Adaptive Chemistry (TDAC) for reactions in #OpenFOAM-dev with @f_contino… https://t.co/qcF9CczL512 days ago
- Learn about the new features and tools in #OpenFOAM v6 from the company who created it! Join our OpenFOAM Training… https://t.co/3CyjQq6Ubw3 days ago
- New pack (20181110) of #OpenFOAM-dev for @ubuntu, installable on Windows 10, with Docker images for @Linux, macOS: https://t.co/kzRiGZU6Aq3 days ago