Our mission is to make computational fluid dynamics (CFD) accessible and inclusive by developing free, open source CFD software — OpenFOAM — and providing services to its users.
Unlock the power of OpenFOAM to deliver robust CFD solutions. Essential, Applied, Programming and Cloud OpenFOAM Training courses from the Architects of OpenFOAM.
Our team undertakes OpenFOAM Development projects and code customisation, with experience of managing and executing over 100 development projects.
OpenFOAM Support, direct from the founders and architect of OpenFOAM, covering software deployment and operation, CFD practice, and code customisation.
The leading open source CFD software
CFD Direct is pleased to announce the release of version 8 of CFD Direct From the Cloud™ (CFDDFC®) for Microsoft Azure. Available from the Azure Marketplace, CFDDFC v8 includes OpenFOAM v8, ParaView v5.6.0, OpenMPI v2.1.1 and FreeCAD v0.18.3, running on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. Users can launch pay-as-you-go VMs from the image in minutes and connect via remote desktop or terminal login using SSH. Azure offers a wide range of VM types including the compute-optimised F-series with up to 36 physical cores (F72sv2) and the high performance computing H-series.
CFD Direct is pleased to announce the release of version 8 of CFD Direct From the Cloud™ (CFDDFC®), available on Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketplace as the standard CFDDFC product and CFDDFC (Arm). Standard CFDDFC v8 includes OpenFOAM v8, ParaView v5.6.0, OpenMPI v3.1.4 and FreeCAD v0.18.3, running on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. CFDDFC (Arm) is server-only including OpenFOAM v8 and OpenMPI v4.0.3, running on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. CFDDFC runs on single instances with up to 48 C5 Intel cores (c5.24xlarge) or 64 C6 Arm-based cores (c6g.16xlarge) and in clusters with with good parallel scaling on clusters of instances up to 1000 cores.
In Autumn 2020 – Winter/Spring 2021, CFD Direct is running its OpenFOAM Training courses — Essential CFD, Applied CFD and Programming CFD — fully updated with the latest features of the new version 8 release of OpenFOAM. The training uses new features in OpenFOAM v8 for more productive and effective CFD. All courses are delivered as live virtual training due to Covid-19 travel restrictions in 2020 into 2021. Essential and Applied CFD courses are available: 28 Sep – 2 Oct, 19-23 Oct, 2-6 Nov and 1-5 Feb (2021). Programming CFD is available 22-24 Sep, 6-8 Oct and 26-28 Jan, 23-25 Feb (2021).
CFD Direct has launched CFDDFC® (Arm), a marketplace product on Amazon Web Services (AWS) for computational fluid dynamics (CFD) with OpenFOAM. CFDDFC (Arm) is a variant of CFD Direct From the Cloud™ for Amazon EC2 instances running Arm-based Graviton2 processors, in particular the C6g instances for compute-intensive workloads. CFDDFC (Arm) operates in server-mode without graphical applications and includes OpenFOAM 7 and OpenMPI 4.0.3 running on Ubuntu Server for Arm 20.04 LTS. For batch CFD jobs with guaranteed access on-demand, users can save 35% on their EC2 costs with C6g instances.
Latest News on Twitter
- Local coordinate systems can now be defined in a general constant/coordinateSystems file and then used by models, e… https://t.co/vdo60Sk7zB10 hours ago
- Learn from experts to write quality, C++ code in #OpenFOAM with our acclaimed #Programming #CFD course, #Virtual Eu… https://t.co/Ejpr6julmR14 hours ago
- Day 1 of #Essential #CFD Training Course, #Virtual Americas, using the features we added since v4 to simplify use o… https://t.co/cy9zyd8DDbyesterday
- During travel restrictions, now is the time to improve your #CFD competency with our Virtual #OpenFOAM Training fro… https://t.co/41e9tn6bsR3 days ago
- The temperature-coupled boundary conditions use a symmetric tensor for anisotropic thermal conductivity at the boun… https://t.co/b5ktS9L30E5 days ago
- New dates! Book now for our #OpenFOAM Essential and Applied #CFD Training, from the recognised experts who produce… https://t.co/K9uM8M7nGr5 days ago
- We design our OpenFOAM Training so that users can be productive with #OpenFOAM: https://t.co/KixhnYo94E6 days ago
- In conjugate heat transfer, the solid heat flux model is now both energy conservative and temperature consistent in… https://t.co/gEazJ4Ksvv6 days ago
- The #official User Guide for #OpenFOAM v8 is freely available online in easy-to-read format. Bookmark the page: https://t.co/2f9hMHwtDp7 days ago
- In ThermophysicalTransportModels, added heat flux models based on temperature gradient (rather than energy) that ar… https://t.co/DAdNM6Y7Lg7 days ago