OpenFOAM is leading software for computational fluid dynamics (CFD). It is licensed free and open source only under the GNU General Public Licence (GPL) by the OpenFOAM Foundation.
Unlock the power of OpenFOAM to deliver robust CFD solutions. Essential, Applied, Programming and Cloud OpenFOAM Training courses from the Architects of OpenFOAM.
Our team undertakes OpenFOAM Development projects and code customisation, with experience of managing and executing over 100 development projects.
OpenFOAM Support, direct from the founders and architect of OpenFOAM, covering software deployment and operation, CFD practice, and code customisation.
The leading open source CFD software
In Spring 2019, CFD Direct is running its OpenFOAM Training courses — Essential CFD, Applied CFD, Programming CFD and Cloud CFD — fully updated with the latest features of the new version 6 release of OpenFOAM. Essential and Applied CFD courses are available — with some remote places for remote attendance — on: 4-7 Feb, London UK; 25-28 Feb, Houston USA; 20-23 May, Cologne Germany; 13-16 Jun, Denver USA. Programming CFD is available 29-31 Jan and 12-14 Mar as Virtual Training.
OpenFOAM sustainability involves developing software that meets critical needs of users, through a balance of resources, technology, investment and institutional support. The critical needs are availability, usability, robustness and extensibility. The critical work required to meet those needs are publishing, repair and redesign. Employers rarely allocate time to individuals to contribute critical work, so it is generally left to “career maintainers” at CFD Direct. With limited funding, decisions about the critical work are made by those who fund and/or contribute the work, via The OpenFOAM Hub.
We design our OpenFOAM Training so that users can learn effective CFD, giving them the confidence to carry out CFD analysis, repeatedly, to a defined standard in a timely manner. We provide 4 courses that teach reliable procedures to configure, run and maintain CFD simulations. While creating and improving these courses, we have contributed tools to OpenFOAM for more productive CFD, so that users waste less time on routine tasks. They include the post-processing command line interface, template cases, and tools for case setup, monitoring simulations, quick documentation and code customisation.
In Autumn 2018, CFD Direct is running its OpenFOAM Training courses — Essential CFD, Applied CFD, Programming CFD and Cloud CFD — fully updated with the latest features of the new version 6 release of OpenFOAM. Essential and Applied CFD courses are available: 24-27 Sep, London UK; 15-18 Oct, Chicago USA; 30 Oct – 1 Nov and 5-7 Nov, Virtual Training; 12-15 Nov, Munich Germany. Programming CFD is available 11-13 Sep and 2-4 Oct as Virtual Training. We use new features in OpenFOAM v6 for more productive and effective CFD.
Latest News on Twitter
- New #OpenFOAM Practical and Complete #CFD Training Packages available. Discounts are available for multiple courses… https://t.co/v2vcao0mi86 hours ago
- We are building up a library of videos, containing quick tips on using #OpenFOAM. It's free, and reliable since we… https://t.co/VGb48rl2eO4 days ago
- For flexible, pay-as-you-go #CFD, learn to run #OpenFOAM with @awscloud on our 1 day #Cloud #CFD training, 8 Feb 2… https://t.co/0Vgc0fcLEr4 days ago
- Get started with OpenFOAM v6 in the cloud, simple deployment on @awscloud #cloud with CFDDDFC Command Line Interface https://t.co/Jlg4cf0O7I5 days ago
- Added sources to k and omega equations in kOmega to make it easier to derive models from it in #OpenFOAM-dev https://t.co/5M18ua7Z4R5 days ago
- Accelerate your learning of #OpenFOAM with hands-on, Classroom Training, led by a recognised expert. https://t.co/4G9EtzIFBK5 days ago
- See our curriculum and what our customers say about our Applied #CFD, #OpenFOAM Training course: https://t.co/q7FvMWDZ6x6 days ago
- Don't miss out! Last seats remaining for #OpenFOAM Training #London, 4-7 Feb 2019. Book your place now: https://t.co/Z2HeNIXYQb6 days ago
- New pack (20190109) of #OpenFOAM-dev for @ubuntu, installable on Windows 10, with Docker images for @Linux, macOS: https://t.co/kzRiGZU6Aq10 days ago
- Schedule and book your #OpenFOAM Training 2019, #London, #Houston, #Cologne, #Denver, #Virtual: https://t.co/FeiM7Yvm7u11 days ago