Our mission is to make computational fluid dynamics (CFD) accessible and inclusive by developing free, open source CFD software — OpenFOAM — and providing services to its users.
Unlock the power of OpenFOAM to deliver robust CFD solutions. Essential, Applied, Programming and Cloud OpenFOAM Training courses from the Architects of OpenFOAM.
Our team undertakes OpenFOAM Development projects and code customisation, with experience of managing and executing over 100 development projects.
OpenFOAM Support, direct from the founders and architect of OpenFOAM, covering software deployment and operation, CFD practice, and code customisation.
The leading open source CFD software
Many countries have imposed travel restrictions, limited gatherings and encouraged people to self-isolate and work from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic. CFD Direct is therefore re-scheduling some classroom OpenFOAM training as Virtual Training using a video conference between the instructor and participants. Participants work on CFD problems through a remote desktop to OpenFOAM running in the cloud. All machines are accessible to the instructor who can then assist with any problems. Virtual courses will run over a longer schedule and include an extra assistant to support participants during the training.
Your organisation has an expert in CFD with OpenFOAM. They deliver critical results to problems no one else can solve. They have worked there as long as you can remember. Then one day they announce they are leaving and years of experience and know-how walks out of the door. “That-person-left syndrome”, as we call it, is a failure in maintenance which CFD Direct can help with. We provide development, support, training and cloud services to limit the impact of that-person-left syndrome, building a sustainable CFD capability for our customers with OpenFOAM.
In Spring 2020, CFD Direct is running its OpenFOAM Training courses — Essential CFD, Applied CFD, and Programming CFD — fully updated with the latest features of the new version 7 release of OpenFOAM. Essential and Applied CFD courses are available — with some remote places for remote attendance — on: 3-6 Feb, London UK; 24-27 Feb, Houston USA; 11-14 May, Cologne Germany; 15-18 Jun, Denver USA. Programming CFD is available as Virtual Training on 28-30 Jan and 17-19 Mar and in Denver on 11-12 Jun.
CFD Direct is pleased to announce the release of version 7.0 of CFD Direct From the Cloud™ (CFDDFC), the leading marketplace product for CFD on Amazon Web Services. CFDDFC v7.0 includes OpenFOAM v7, ParaView v5.6.0, OpenMPI v3.1.4 and FreeCAD v0.18.3, running on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. CFDDFC v7.0 supports Elastic Network Adapter and Elastic Fabric Adapter which provide higher network performance on C5n instances. This delivers good parallel scaling performance on clusters of instances up to 1000 cores. The command line interface includes new options from simple launch of clusters and monitoring of costs.
Latest News on Twitter
- See our curriculum and what our customers say about our Essential #CFD, #OpenFOAM Training course: https://t.co/EWH0HzPCly6 hours ago
- Improved the user interface for the fieldAverage function object for simpler configuration in #OpenFOAM-dev https://t.co/VjjJyRXmig9 hours ago
- Get started with CFD Direct From the Cloud™, the complete #cloud platform for #OpenFOAM, pay-as-you-go, on… https://t.co/eLLZx140Uq13 hours ago
- Added multi-mode viscoelastic models to #OpenFOAM-dev https://t.co/OXFgL3ys12yesterday
- Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest #OpenFOAM developments, releases, documentation, videos, cloud, training: https://t.co/NNgKuT66sDyesterday
- Simplified the user interface of the fieldAverage function object by the introduction of defaults in #OpenFOAM-dev https://t.co/2u6gnCqeCX6 days ago
- In film modelling, rationalised and simplified the handling of the surface and wall velocities in #OpenFOAM-dev https://t.co/g8dMFry1lZ7 days ago
- We design our OpenFOAM Training so that users can be productive with OpenFOAM: https://t.co/KixhnYo94E7 days ago
- Consolidated code in incompressible, transient and steady-state solvers in #OpenFOAM-dev https://t.co/VwdDxqL3JM8 days ago
- During the current restrictions, we are rescheduling #OpenFOAM #Training as live virtual classes. We have experien… https://t.co/M8a0VvYmsp8 days ago