OpenFOAM is leading software for computational fluid dynamics (CFD). It is licensed free and open source only under the GNU General Public Licence (GPL) by the OpenFOAM Foundation.
Unlock the power of OpenFOAM to deliver robust CFD solutions. Essential, Applied, Programming and Cloud OpenFOAM Training courses from the Architects of OpenFOAM.
Our team undertakes OpenFOAM Development projects and code customisation, with experience of managing and executing over 100 development projects.
OpenFOAM Support, direct from the founders and architect of OpenFOAM, covering software deployment and operation, CFD practice, and code customisation.
The leading open source CFD software
CFD Direct announces the release of their new 1 day Cloud CFD course, the fourth course in their portfolio of OpenFOAM Training. The course enables users to run CFD with OpenFOAM on AWS, training the tools and processes for inexpensive, secure, efficient cloud use. The course addresses the main concerns of using public cloud: cost management, security, efficient CFD and data management. It exploits the cost benefits of cloud: meeting fluctuating demand for hardware at a cost that represents consistent, high utilitisation; and using cheaper, spare capacity, with an application that does not require 100% availability.
OpenFOAM is free, open source software for computational fluid dynamics (CFD). At the heart of OpenFOAM is a development kit (“SDK”), providing software and tools to build CFD applications, enabling users to customise their CFD, quickly and conveniently. CFD Direct includes OpenFOAM developers who maintain the SDK. We manage an environment for sustainable OpenFOAM development that involves: early public code release with rapid-turnaround user feedback; a network of developers, funding companies and users; and, co-ordinated code integration and maintenance.
OpenFOAM provides leading CFD software to thousands of people within academia and industry for free. However, CFD is inherently complex and competency in CFD requires more than simply “learning the software package”. Our 3 × 2 day OpenFOAM Training courses build CFD competency through a process of solution design with course prices equivalent to 1-2 weeks of payroll cost of a CFD engineer or 2% of a single core, commercial CFD licence. Our schedule includes classroom courses in UK, Germany and USA, with Live Virtual attendance worldwide, and on-site training for groups of 5 or more.
In Autumn 2017, CFD Direct are running their OpenFOAM Training courses — Essential CFD, Applied CFD and Programming CFD — fully updated with the latest features of the new version 5 release of OpenFOAM. Essential and Applied CFD courses are available: 25-28 Sep, London UK, and 16-19 Oct, Chicago USA with limited places via the Internet; 6-9 November, Munich Germany. Programming CFD is available 12-13 Sep and 3-4 Oct as Virtual Training. We use new features in OpenFOAM v5 to give our participants the confidence to carry out CFD analysis, repeatedly, to a defined standard in a timely manner.
Latest News on Twitter
- Learn the tensor mathematics used in #OpenFOAM #CFD with our free online guide: https://t.co/NUbv51ejkv2 days ago
- Improved wall function treatment of omega (specific dissipation rate) in #OpenFOAM-dev: https://t.co/Q61XtEoIcg2 days ago
- Accelerate your learning of #OpenFOAM with hands-on, Classroom Training, led by a recognised expert. https://t.co/4G9EtzIFBK2 days ago
- Learn from experts to write quality, C++ code in #OpenFOAM with our acclaimed virtual #Programming #CFD course,… https://t.co/qM0mSSQk502 days ago
- Video for quick, simple deployment of OpenFOAM v5 in the cloud, on @AWScloud #cloud with CFDDDFC Command Line Inter… https://t.co/qj1GOY1Nku3 days ago
- Added new boundary condition for pressure (p_rgh) for a constant density hydrostatic pressure distribution in… https://t.co/Ye6Ml8WQkG3 days ago
- See our curriculum and what our customers say about our Essential #CFD, #OpenFOAM Training course: https://t.co/EWH0HzPCly3 days ago
- Day 1 of #OpenFOAM Programming #CFD Training Course, #Virtual Americas, using the latest version of #OpenFOAM (v5). https://t.co/VG2lR8uBmb4 days ago
- Improved drag coupling, reorganised code and resolved and issue in reacting multiphase flow in #OpenFOAM-dev: https://t.co/1Goow6W08E4 days ago
- For flexible, pay-as-you-go #CFD, learn to run #OpenFOAM with @awscloud on our #Cloud #CFD training: https://t.co/XaOkeKueIq4 days ago