OpenFOAM is leading software for computational fluid dynamics (CFD). It is licensed free and open source only under the GNU General Public Licence (GPL) by the OpenFOAM Foundation.
Unlock the power of OpenFOAM to deliver robust CFD solutions. Essential, Applied, Programming and Cloud OpenFOAM Training courses from the Architects of OpenFOAM.
Our team undertakes OpenFOAM Development projects and code customisation, with experience of managing and executing over 100 development projects.
OpenFOAM Support, direct from the founders and architect of OpenFOAM, covering software deployment and operation, CFD practice, and code customisation.
The leading open source CFD software
CFD Direct From the Cloud (CFDDFC) is our established platform for running OpenFOAM, ParaView and supporting software using cloud computing. CFDDFC is now available on AWS C5 and M5 instances of Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2). The CFDDFC product page on AWS MarketPlace now lists CFDDFC versions 5.2 and 4.2, corresponding to versions 5 and 4 of OpenFOAM, respectively. Users who launch CFDDFC with the command line interface should update their installation of CFDDFC immediately.
In Year 3 of CFD Direct, we developed new functionality in OpenFOAM and maintained critical components of the code base, reducing the number of unresolved issues by 45%. We managed the OpenFOAM Foundation: promoting sustainable development, releasing OpenFOAM v5, packaging OpenFOAM-dev and publishing websites and documentation. We delivered 60 days of OpenFOAM Training, introducing our new “hybrid” classroom-virtual courses to host participants in person and remotely. We launched the new Cloud CFD course to teach inexpensive, secure, efficient CFD with CFD Direct From the Cloud™.
CFD Direct announces the release of their new 1 day Cloud CFD course, the fourth course in their portfolio of OpenFOAM Training. The course enables users to run CFD with OpenFOAM on AWS, training the tools and processes for inexpensive, secure, efficient cloud use. The course addresses the main concerns of using public cloud: cost management, security, efficient CFD and data management. It exploits the cost benefits of cloud: meeting fluctuating demand for hardware at a cost that represents consistent, high utilitisation; and using cheaper, spare capacity, with an application that does not require 100% availability.
OpenFOAM is free, open source software for computational fluid dynamics (CFD). At the heart of OpenFOAM is a development kit (“SDK”), providing software and tools to build CFD applications, enabling users to customise their CFD, quickly and conveniently. CFD Direct includes OpenFOAM developers who maintain the SDK. We manage an environment for sustainable OpenFOAM development that involves: early public code release with rapid-turnaround user feedback; a network of developers, funding companies and users; and, co-ordinated code integration and maintenance.
Latest News on Twitter
- Learn the tensor mathematics used in #OpenFOAM #CFD with our free online guide: https://t.co/NUbv51ejkv11 hours ago
- Added Prince and Blanch (1990) coalescence model to population balance modelling from @HZDR_Dresden in #OpenFOAM-de… https://t.co/GpqZDFrszS14 hours ago
- Build effective #OpenFOAM simulations quickly with our #Essential #CFD Training from the Architects of OpenFOAM: https://t.co/EWH0HzPCly18 hours ago
- Our #OpenFOAM Training accelerates CFD learning using our code contributions which improve usability: https://t.co/KQoUmcMdhTyesterday
- Improved robustness of particle motion at patches in MPPICFoam in #OpenFOAM-dev: https://t.co/dyELAEibp6yesterday
- Customize your On-Site #OpenFOAM Training from 60 modules from Essential, Applied and Programming #CFD courses: https://t.co/fupsZwLW5myesterday
- See our new dates for #OpenFOAM Training at #Virtual Americas 11-13 Sep 2018, #Chicago 15-18 Oct 2018, Book your pl… https://t.co/4EAyNpMFBx2 days ago
- Added -allRegions option to transformPoints to enable transformation of all regions, e.g. in CHT simulation, in… https://t.co/FWm0SiEGd32 days ago
- Advance your career with our #OpenFOAM Programming #CFD training, #London Virtual, 3-4 Jul 2018, from the primary… https://t.co/5cNETE6X5P2 days ago
- Rationalised code for -allRegions options in decomposePar and reconstructPar in #OpenFOAM-dev: https://t.co/Jd9mQ40U4T3 days ago