OpenFOAM is leading software for computational fluid dynamics (CFD). It is licensed free and open source only under the GNU General Public Licence (GPL) by the OpenFOAM Foundation.
Unlock the power of OpenFOAM to deliver robust CFD solutions. Essential, Applied, Programming and Cloud OpenFOAM Training courses from the Architects of OpenFOAM.
Our team undertakes OpenFOAM Development projects and code customisation, with experience of managing and executing over 100 development projects.
OpenFOAM Support, direct from the founders and architect of OpenFOAM, covering software deployment and operation, CFD practice, and code customisation.
The leading open source CFD software
OpenFOAM provides leading CFD software to thousands of people within academia and industry for free. However, CFD is inherently complex and competency in CFD requires more than simply “learning the software package”. Our 4 OpenFOAM Training courses build CFD competency through a process of solution design with course prices equivalent to 1-2 weeks of payroll cost of a CFD engineer or 2% of a single core, commercial CFD licence. Our schedule includes classroom courses in UK, Germany and USA, with Live Virtual attendance worldwide, and on-site training for groups of 5 or more.
In Spring 2019, CFD Direct is running its OpenFOAM Training courses — Essential CFD, Applied CFD, Programming CFD and Cloud CFD — fully updated with the latest features of the new version 6 release of OpenFOAM. Essential and Applied CFD courses are available — with some remote places for remote attendance — on: 4-7 Feb, London UK; 25-28 Feb, Houston USA; 20-23 May, Cologne Germany; 13-16 Jun, Denver USA. Programming CFD is available 29-31 Jan and 12-14 Mar as Virtual Training.
OpenFOAM sustainability involves developing software that meets critical needs of users, through a balance of resources, technology, investment and institutional support. The critical needs are availability, usability, robustness and extensibility. The critical work required to meet those needs are publishing, repair and redesign. Employers rarely allocate time to individuals to contribute critical work, so it is generally left to “career maintainers” at CFD Direct. With limited funding, decisions about the critical work are made by those who fund and/or contribute the work, via The OpenFOAM Hub.
We design our OpenFOAM Training so that users can learn effective CFD, giving them the confidence to carry out CFD analysis, repeatedly, to a defined standard in a timely manner. We provide 4 courses that teach reliable procedures to configure, run and maintain CFD simulations. While creating and improving these courses, we have contributed tools to OpenFOAM for more productive CFD, so that users waste less time on routine tasks. They include the post-processing command line interface, template cases, and tools for case setup, monitoring simulations, quick documentation and code customisation.
Latest News on Twitter
- Improved robustness of tracking of particles along cell edges in #OpenFOAM-dev https://t.co/lef1x0vldiyesterday
- Get started with OpenFOAM v6 in the cloud, simple deployment on @awscloud #cloud with CFDDDFC Command Line Interface https://t.co/Jlg4cf0O7I2 days ago
- Stabilised the freestream velocity and pressure boundary conditions at start up in #OpenFOAM-dev https://t.co/XLZjCCPITV2 days ago
- From #OpenFOAM code architects, #Essential and #Applied #CFD Training #Cologne, 13-16 May 2019. Book now: https://t.co/ViLjOaN0Lr2 days ago
- Build confidence in #OpenFOAM with our #Applied #CFD Training, from the recognised experts who produce #OpenFOAM. https://t.co/q7FvMWDZ6x3 days ago
- Added conjugate heat transfer example of shell and tube heat exchanger in #OpenFOAM-dev https://t.co/90eJcMguFR3 days ago
- Accelerate your learning of #OpenFOAM with hands-on, Classroom Training, led by a recognised expert. https://t.co/4G9EtzIFBK3 days ago
- Don't miss out! Last seats remaining for our #OpenFOAM Training #Houston, 25-28 Feb 2019. Book your place now: https://t.co/miyMlWImRJ4 days ago
- Added radiation to the reverseBurner conjugate heat transfer tutorial in #OpenFOAM-dev https://t.co/UGKJRifr0G4 days ago
- We design our OpenFOAM Training so that users can be productive with OpenFOAM: https://t.co/KixhnYo94E4 days ago