Our mission is to make computational fluid dynamics (CFD) accessible and inclusive by developing free, open source CFD software — OpenFOAM — and providing services to its users.
Unlock the power of OpenFOAM to deliver robust CFD solutions. Essential, Applied, Programming and Cloud OpenFOAM Training courses from the Architects of OpenFOAM.
Our team undertakes OpenFOAM Development projects and code customisation, with experience of managing and executing over 100 development projects.
OpenFOAM Support, direct from the founders and architect of OpenFOAM, covering software deployment and operation, CFD practice, and code customisation.
The leading open source CFD software
CFD Direct is pleased to announce the release of version 8 of CFD Direct From the Cloud™ (CFDDFC®), available on Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketplace as the standard CFDDFC product and CFDDFC (Arm). Standard CFDDFC v8 includes OpenFOAM v8, ParaView v5.6.0, OpenMPI v3.1.4 and FreeCAD v0.18.3, running on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. CFDDFC (Arm) is server-only including OpenFOAM v8 and OpenMPI v4.0.3, running on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. CFDDFC runs on single instances with up to 48 C5 Intel cores (c5.24xlarge) or 64 C6 Arm-based cores (c6.16xlarge) and in clusters with with good parallel scaling on clusters of instances up to 1000 cores.
In Autumn 2020, CFD Direct is running its OpenFOAM Training courses — Essential CFD, Applied CFD and Programming CFD — fully updated with the latest features of the new version 8 release of OpenFOAM. The training uses new features in OpenFOAM v8 for more productive and effective CFD. All courses are delivered as live virtual training due to Covid-19 travel restrictions in 2020. Essential and Applied CFD courses are available: 28 Sep – 2 Oct, 19-23 Oct, 2-6 Nov. Programming CFD is available 22-24 Oct and 6-8 Nov.
CFD Direct has launched CFDDFC® (Arm), a marketplace product on Amazon Web Services (AWS) for computational fluid dynamics (CFD) with OpenFOAM. CFDDFC (Arm) is a variant of CFD Direct From the Cloud™ for Amazon EC2 instances running Arm-based Graviton2 processors, in particular the C6g instances for compute-intensive workloads. CFDDFC (Arm) operates in server-mode without graphical applications and includes OpenFOAM 7 and OpenMPI 4.0.3 running on Ubuntu Server for Arm 20.04 LTS. For batch CFD jobs with guaranteed access on-demand, users can save 35% on their EC2 costs with C6g instances.
In July 2020, CFD Direct released a framework for surface interpolation in interface capturing for multiphase flows in OpenFOAM. All interpolation schemes, used for flux calculation in advection, operate with the MULES-based solvers, e.g. interFoam. The framework is easy to use, extensible, and robust due to bounded, conservative numerics. The new framework comes with a new family of interpolation schemes based on piecewise-linear interface calculation (PLIC). The PLIC schemes provide a promising alternative to standard interface compression, performing better for meshes with regions of cell refinement. All schemes are conservative, bounded and robust and can run efficiently with large time steps.
Latest News on Twitter
- Learn from experts to write quality, C++ code in #OpenFOAM with our acclaimed #Programming #CFD course, #Virtual Am… https://t.co/fxsb1viOom2 hours ago
- reactingMultiphaseEulerFoam has become multiphaseEulerFoam to reduce duplication; reactions can be switched off to… https://t.co/8Bu3rYvEw25 hours ago
- The #official User Guide for #OpenFOAM v8 is freely available online in easy-to-read format. Bookmark the page: https://t.co/2f9hMHeSLR10 hours ago
- New pack (20200802) of #OpenFOAM-dev for @ubuntu installable on Windows 10, with Docker images for @Linux macOS. https://t.co/kzRiH0bHrYyesterday
- CFD Direct From the Cloud (CFDDFC®) delivers #OpenFOAM HPC on clusters of AWS C5n Instances @awscloud a case exampl… https://t.co/oT7odNLqTs5 days ago
- Corrected reactingMultiphaseEulerFoam to ensure velocities and fluxes of phases correspond to the overall mixture a… https://t.co/xTfwpkESYU5 days ago
- Complex #CFD applications in #OpenFOAM require more advanced tools, described on our #Applied CFD Training: https://t.co/q7FvMWDZ6x5 days ago
- Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest #OpenFOAM developments, releases, documentation, videos, cloud, training: https://t.co/NNgKuT66sD6 days ago
- Corrected the distribution of particles across cells for CellZoneInjection in #OpenFOAM-dev https://t.co/Sh6jJl6npH6 days ago
- Advance your career with #OpenFOAM Training #Virtual Europe time zone, #CFD, 28 Sep-2 Oct 2020, from the primary de… https://t.co/OTVvmidTBo6 days ago