Our mission is to make computational fluid dynamics (CFD) accessible and inclusive by developing free, open source CFD software — OpenFOAM — and providing services to its users.
Unlock the power of OpenFOAM to deliver robust CFD solutions. Essential, Applied, Programming and Cloud OpenFOAM Training courses from the Architects of OpenFOAM.
Our team undertakes OpenFOAM Development projects and code customisation, with experience of managing and executing over 100 development projects.
OpenFOAM Support, direct from the founders and architect of OpenFOAM, covering software deployment and operation, CFD practice, and code customisation.
The leading open source CFD software
During travel and social restrictions, a CFD engineer can be productive by quickly switching to remote CFD using CFD Direct From the Cloud™ (CFDDFC®) and by learning effective CFD. CFDDFC is a turnkey system with OpenFOAM and supporting software running in its native Linux environment on AWS. Engineers can launch remote instances (virtual machines) in 2 minutes providing remote desktop access to 48 core instances and scalable clusters of 100s of cores. At the same time the engineer can learn to be more productive by registering for our Live Virtual OpenFOAM Training, taken from the safety and comfort of their home using the CFDDFC system.
In Year 5 of CFD Direct, we developed new functionality in OpenFOAM and maintained critical components of the code base. We managed the OpenFOAM Foundation: promoting sustainable development, releasing OpenFOAM v7, packaging OpenFOAM-dev and publishing websites and documentation. We delivered 60 days of OpenFOAM Training, and provided low-cost cloud CFD with CFD Direct From the Cloud™ to over 500 subscribers, including custom images to run 100s of automated production simulations.
Many countries have imposed travel restrictions, limited gatherings and encouraged people to self-isolate and work from home due to the COVID-19 pandemic. CFD Direct is therefore re-scheduling some classroom OpenFOAM training as Virtual Training using a video conference between the instructor and participants. Participants work on CFD problems through a remote desktop to OpenFOAM running in the cloud. All machines are accessible to the instructor who can then assist with any problems. Virtual courses will run over a longer schedule and include an extra assistant to support participants during the training.
Your organisation has an expert in CFD with OpenFOAM. They deliver critical results to problems no one else can solve. They have worked there as long as you can remember. Then one day they announce they are leaving and years of experience and know-how walks out of the door. “That-person-left syndrome”, as we call it, is a failure in maintenance which CFD Direct can help with. We provide development, support, training and cloud services to limit the impact of that-person-left syndrome, building a sustainable CFD capability for our customers with OpenFOAM.
Latest News on Twitter
- See our curriculum and what our customers say about our Essential #CFD, #OpenFOAM Training course: https://t.co/EWH0HzPClyyesterday
- The age function object measures the residence time of fluid in a domain; added support for fvOptions to it in… https://t.co/B2Uvsxnqa2yesterday
- Working remotely on #CFD? CFD Direct From the Cloud™ (CFDDFC®) launches in 2 minutes, providing #OpenFOAM and depen… https://t.co/zbmZ1EStJ42 days ago
- Configuring an HPC cluster for #OpenFOAM #CFD on @awscloud with the fastest networking is as easy as typing two com… https://t.co/xZDhuH0iMP2 days ago
- See our schedule for our upcoming #OpenFOAM #Virtual Training 2020. Discount packages available. Book your place no… https://t.co/GGzSswkcOt3 days ago
- Our marketplace product CFDDFC® is a complete platform with #OpenFOAM 7 and #OpenMPI 3.1.4 with EFA support, launch… https://t.co/x0O8PrMQND3 days ago
- It is over a year since CFD Direct made #CFD on #HPC accessible to all with #OpenFOAM on @awscloud using c5n and EFA https://t.co/QVDAABmPiO3 days ago
- New pack (20200531) of #OpenFOAM-dev for @ubuntu installable on Windows 10, with Docker images for @Linux macOS. https://t.co/kzRiGZU6Aq4 days ago
- Limited seats! Learn from experts to write quality, C++ code in #OpenFOAM with our acclaimed #Programming #CFD cour… https://t.co/7XwTJQRS8I4 days ago
- Increase complexity of your #OpenFOAM simulations with #Applied #CFD Training from the Architects of OpenFOAM: https://t.co/q7FvMWDZ6x8 days ago