OpenFOAM is leading software for computational fluid dynamics (CFD). It is licensed free and open source only under the GNU General Public Licence (GPL) by the OpenFOAM Foundation.
Unlock the power of OpenFOAM to deliver robust CFD solutions. Essential, Applied, Programming and Cloud OpenFOAM Training courses from the Architects of OpenFOAM.
Our team undertakes OpenFOAM Development projects and code customisation, with experience of managing and executing over 100 development projects.
OpenFOAM Support, direct from the founders and architect of OpenFOAM, covering software deployment and operation, CFD practice, and code customisation.
The leading open source CFD software
OpenFOAM provides leading CFD software to thousands of people within academia and industry for free. However, CFD is inherently complex and competency in CFD requires more than simply “learning the software package”. Our 4 OpenFOAM Training courses build CFD competency through a process of solution design with course prices equivalent to 1-2 weeks of payroll cost of a CFD engineer or 2% of a single core, commercial CFD licence. Our schedule includes classroom courses in UK, Germany and USA, with Live Virtual attendance worldwide, and on-site training for groups of 5 or more.
CFD Direct From the Cloud (CFDDFC) is our established platform for running OpenFOAM, ParaView and supporting software using cloud computing. CFDDFC is now available on AWS C5 and M5 instances of Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2). The CFDDFC product page on AWS MarketPlace now lists CFDDFC versions 5.2 and 4.2, corresponding to versions 5 and 4 of OpenFOAM, respectively. Users who launch CFDDFC with the command line interface should update their installation of CFDDFC immediately.
In Year 3 of CFD Direct, we developed new functionality in OpenFOAM and maintained critical components of the code base, reducing the number of unresolved issues by 45%. We managed the OpenFOAM Foundation: promoting sustainable development, releasing OpenFOAM v5, packaging OpenFOAM-dev and publishing websites and documentation. We delivered 60 days of OpenFOAM Training, introducing our new “hybrid” classroom-virtual courses to host participants in person and remotely. We launched the new Cloud CFD course to teach inexpensive, secure, efficient CFD with CFD Direct From the Cloud™.
CFD Direct announces the release of their new 1 day Cloud CFD course, the fourth course in their portfolio of OpenFOAM Training. The course enables users to run CFD with OpenFOAM on AWS, training the tools and processes for inexpensive, secure, efficient cloud use. The course addresses the main concerns of using public cloud: cost management, security, efficient CFD and data management. It exploits the cost benefits of cloud: meeting fluctuating demand for hardware at a cost that represents consistent, high utilitisation; and using cheaper, spare capacity, with an application that does not require 100% availability.
Latest News on Twitter
- With @f_contino, implemented a full algebraic Jacobian in #OpenFOAM-dev including third-body and pressure dependen… https://t.co/NZxB7QDQcL5 hours ago
- Join the live stream for the free #OpenFOAM Open Day to hear about maintenance of OpenFOAM from its creator, Henry… https://t.co/UbFhis2Gob7 hours ago
- Final seats remaining for our #Programming #CFD, #OpenFOAM Training, #London 3-4 Jul 2018. Book your place now: https://t.co/Z2HeNIXYQb8 hours ago
- Significantly faster random number generation with the new Random class implementation in #OpenFOAM-dev: https://t.co/S83hF704n33 days ago
- Get started with OpenFOAM v5 in the cloud, simple deployment on @awscloud #cloud with CFDDDFC Command Line Interface https://t.co/Jlg4cf0O7I4 days ago
- Packaged the writeVTK function object to automate writing of case data in VTK format in #OpenFOAM-dev: https://t.co/tvKLWxCcUR4 days ago
- Competency in CFD requires more than simply “learning the software package”. It requires learning effective #CFD… https://t.co/BBuVTddlFN4 days ago
- Save time and costs with our hands-on, live Virtual Training, #OpenFOAM C++ #Programming #CFD: https://t.co/Ze0AmRrgqx5 days ago
- New scale function object to multiply a field by a scaling factor, e.g. for unit conversion in #OpenFOAM-dev: https://t.co/w8A0Ga3FKn5 days ago
- From #OpenFOAM code architects, #Essential and #Applied #CFD Training London, 24-27 Sep 2018. Book now: https://t.co/Z2HeNIXYQb5 days ago