Our mission is to make computational fluid dynamics (CFD) accessible and inclusive by developing free, open source CFD software — OpenFOAM — and providing services to its users.
Unlock the power of OpenFOAM to deliver robust CFD solutions. Essential, Applied, Programming and Cloud OpenFOAM Training courses from the Architects of OpenFOAM.
Our team undertakes OpenFOAM Development projects and code customisation, with experience of managing and executing over 100 development projects.
OpenFOAM Support, direct from the founders and architect of OpenFOAM, covering software deployment and operation, CFD practice, and code customisation.
The leading open source CFD software
In Spring/Summer 2022, CFD Direct is running its OpenFOAM Training courses — Essential CFD, Applied CFD and Programming CFD — fully updated with the latest features of the new version 9 release of OpenFOAM. The training uses new features in OpenFOAM v9 for more productive and effective CFD. All courses are delivered as live virtual training. Essential and Applied CFD courses are available: 7-11 Feb, 14-18 Mar, 9-13 May, 6-10 Jun. Programming CFD is available 25-27 Jan, 22-24 Feb, 29-31 Mar, 23-25 May, 21-23 Jun.
CFD Direct From the Cloud (CFDDFC®) is our established platform for running OpenFOAM, ParaView and supporting software using cloud computing. CFDDFC is now available on AWS C6i and M6i instances of Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2). These instances use the 32-core 2.9 GHz (3.5 GHz with turbo-boost) Intel Xeon Platinum 8375C (Ice Lake) processor. With 2 processors per socket, the largest single instances, c6i.32xlarge and m6i.32xlarge, includes 64 cores. C6i and M6i instances run at up to 50 Gbps of network speed at the largest instance size, which also supports Elastic Fabric Adapter to provide high speed networking across a cluster of instances.
CFD Direct is pleased to announce the release of version 9 of CFD Direct From the Cloud™ (CFDDFC®), available on Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketplace as the standard CFDDFC product and CFDDFC (Arm). Standard CFDDFC v9 includes OpenFOAM v9, ParaView v5.6.0, OpenMPI v4.1.1 and FreeCAD v0.19.2, running on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. CFDDFC (Arm) is server-only including OpenFOAM v9 and OpenMPI v4.1.1, running on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. CFDDFC runs on single instances with up to 48 C5 Intel cores (c5.24xlarge) or 64 C6 Arm-based cores (c6g.16xlarge) and in clusters with with good parallel scaling on clusters of instances up to 1000 cores.
OpenFOAM provides leading CFD software to thousands of people within academia and industry for free. However, CFD is inherently complex and competency in CFD requires more than simply “learning the software package”. Our 3 OpenFOAM Training courses build CFD competency through a process of solution design with course prices equivalent to 1-2 weeks of payroll cost of a CFD engineer or 2% of a single core, commercial CFD licence. Our schedule during Covid-19 travel restrictions includes scheduled live virtual training courses at times to fit with Europe and Americas time zones.
Latest News on Twitter
- Our #Programming #CFD course teaches practical development of #OpenFOAM and broad understanding of underlying C++: https://t.co/Xhh17Tr9Uo2 hours ago
- Corrected rotated cyclic transformations of tensors in #OpenFOAM-dev https://t.co/qOuZIwgMJP22 hours ago
- Book now for our #OpenFOAM Essential and Applied #CFD Training, from the recognised experts who produce #OpenFOAM,… https://t.co/A1YSj2fEXnyesterday
- Learn from experts to write quality, C++ code in #OpenFOAM with our acclaimed #Programming #CFD course, #Virtual Am… https://t.co/HkNZMhvXIAyesterday
- New parallel mesh redistribution using the Zoltan library in #OpenFOAM-dev https://t.co/JPmBxuaMyByesterday
- A #free video for quick, simple deployment of OpenFOAM in the cloud, on @awscloud #cloud with CFDDFC® Command Line… https://t.co/tgWfiHF7TJ2 days ago
- New pack (20220115) of #OpenFOAM-dev for @ubuntu installable on Windows 10, with Docker images for @Linux and macOS https://t.co/QzGL00sKvg3 days ago
- Learn the tensor mathematics used in #OpenFOAM #CFD with our #free online guide: https://t.co/NUbv51ejkv6 days ago
- Increase complexity of your #OpenFOAM simulations with #Applied #CFD Training from the Architects of OpenFOAM: https://t.co/q7FvMWVzY56 days ago
- Added a condensation switch for liquid evaporation modelling in #OpenFOAM-dev https://t.co/mC3pgEBgGF6 days ago