OpenFOAM is leading software for computational fluid dynamics (CFD). It is licensed free and open source only under the GNU General Public Licence (GPL) by the OpenFOAM Foundation.
Unlock the power of OpenFOAM to deliver robust CFD solutions. Essential, Applied, Programming and Cloud OpenFOAM Training courses from the Architects of OpenFOAM.
Our team undertakes OpenFOAM Development projects and code customisation, with experience of managing and executing over 100 development projects.
OpenFOAM Support, direct from the founders and architect of OpenFOAM, covering software deployment and operation, CFD practice, and code customisation.
The leading open source CFD software
In Year 3 of CFD Direct, we developed new functionality in OpenFOAM and maintained critical components of the code base, reducing the number of unresolved issues by 45%. We managed the OpenFOAM Foundation: promoting sustainable development, releasing OpenFOAM v5, packaging OpenFOAM-dev and publishing websites and documentation. We delivered 60 days of OpenFOAM Training, introducing our new “hybrid” classroom-virtual courses to host participants in person and remotely. We launched the new Cloud CFD course to teach inexpensive, secure, efficient CFD with CFD Direct From the Cloud™.
CFD Direct announces the release of their new 1 day Cloud CFD course, the fourth course in their portfolio of OpenFOAM Training. The course enables users to run CFD with OpenFOAM on AWS, training the tools and processes for inexpensive, secure, efficient cloud use. The course addresses the main concerns of using public cloud: cost management, security, efficient CFD and data management. It exploits the cost benefits of cloud: meeting fluctuating demand for hardware at a cost that represents consistent, high utilitisation; and using cheaper, spare capacity, with an application that does not require 100% availability.
OpenFOAM is free, open source software for computational fluid dynamics (CFD). At the heart of OpenFOAM is a development kit (“SDK”), providing software and tools to build CFD applications, enabling users to customise their CFD, quickly and conveniently. CFD Direct includes OpenFOAM developers who maintain the SDK. We manage an environment for sustainable OpenFOAM development that involves: early public code release with rapid-turnaround user feedback; a network of developers, funding companies and users; and, co-ordinated code integration and maintenance.
OpenFOAM provides leading CFD software to thousands of people within academia and industry for free. However, CFD is inherently complex and competency in CFD requires more than simply “learning the software package”. Our 3 × 2 day OpenFOAM Training courses build CFD competency through a process of solution design with course prices equivalent to 1-2 weeks of payroll cost of a CFD engineer or 2% of a single core, commercial CFD licence. Our schedule includes classroom courses in UK, Germany and USA, with Live Virtual attendance worldwide, and on-site training for groups of 5 or more.
Latest News on Twitter
- Customize your On-Site #OpenFOAM Training from 60 modules from Essential, Applied and Programming #CFD courses: https://t.co/fupsZwLW5m2 days ago
- During the the 3rd year of CFD Direct, we made huge contributions to #OpenFOAM Maintenance and Development - and… https://t.co/PmS57Aqoo23 days ago
- Advance your career with our #OpenFOAM Programming #CFD training, #London, 3-4 Jul 2018, from the primary develope… https://t.co/YKourTBySh3 days ago
- Our new 1 day #Cloud #CFD training makes running #OpenFOAM on @awscloud inexpensive, secure and efficient, book you… https://t.co/cRJo8VOU0Q3 days ago
- Improved calculations of mixture properties in reactingEulerFoam, removing density of stationary phases from buoyan… https://t.co/Qiu3t3PjJD4 days ago
- More organisations are supporting #OpenFOAM, with @intel becoming the latest to fund a Maintenance Plan: https://t.co/6zzYUDfZYw4 days ago
- Book our #OpenFOAM Training to learn effective case configuration, rather than guesswork... From code producers: https://t.co/FeiM7Yvm7u4 days ago
- Video for quick, simple deployment of OpenFOAM v5 in the cloud, on @AWScloud #cloud with CFDDDFC Command Line Inter… https://t.co/dL2NTJYBYw4 days ago
- Major refactoring of surfaceFeatureExtract code to improve extensibility and usability in #OpenFOAM-dev: https://t.co/ziYZKSUyWo5 days ago
- Join the live stream for the free #OpenFOAM Open Day to hear our vision of sustainable development of OpenFOAM: https://t.co/qo0Fto8k5T5 days ago