Our mission is to make computational fluid dynamics (CFD) accessible and inclusive by developing free, open source CFD software — OpenFOAM — and providing services to its users.
Unlock the power of OpenFOAM to deliver robust CFD solutions. Essential, Applied, Programming and Cloud OpenFOAM Training courses from the Architects of OpenFOAM.
Our team undertakes OpenFOAM Development projects and code customisation, with experience of managing and executing over 100 development projects.
OpenFOAM Support, direct from the founders and architect of OpenFOAM, covering software deployment and operation, CFD practice, and code customisation.
The leading open source CFD software
In Spring/Summer 2022, CFD Direct is running its OpenFOAM Training courses — Essential CFD, Applied CFD and Programming CFD — fully updated with the latest features of the new version 9 release of OpenFOAM. The training uses new features in OpenFOAM v9 for more productive and effective CFD. All courses are delivered as live virtual training. Essential and Applied CFD courses are available: 7-11 Feb, 14-18 Mar, 9-13 May, 6-10 Jun. Programming CFD is available 25-27 Jan, 22-24 Feb, 29-31 Mar, 23-25 May, 21-23 Jun.
CFD Direct From the Cloud (CFDDFC®) is our established platform for running OpenFOAM, ParaView and supporting software using cloud computing. CFDDFC is now available on AWS C6i and M6i instances of Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2). These instances use the 32-core 2.9 GHz (3.5 GHz with turbo-boost) Intel Xeon Platinum 8375C (Ice Lake) processor. With 2 processors per socket, the largest single instances, c6i.32xlarge and m6i.32xlarge, includes 64 cores. C6i and M6i instances run at up to 50 Gbps of network speed at the largest instance size, which also supports Elastic Fabric Adapter to provide high speed networking across a cluster of instances.
CFD Direct is pleased to announce the release of version 9 of CFD Direct From the Cloud™ (CFDDFC®), available on Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketplace as the standard CFDDFC product and CFDDFC (Arm). Standard CFDDFC v9 includes OpenFOAM v9, ParaView v5.6.0, OpenMPI v4.1.1 and FreeCAD v0.19.2, running on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. CFDDFC (Arm) is server-only including OpenFOAM v9 and OpenMPI v4.1.1, running on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. CFDDFC runs on single instances with up to 48 C5 Intel cores (c5.24xlarge) or 64 C6 Arm-based cores (c6g.16xlarge) and in clusters with with good parallel scaling on clusters of instances up to 1000 cores.
OpenFOAM provides leading CFD software to thousands of people within academia and industry for free. However, CFD is inherently complex and competency in CFD requires more than simply “learning the software package”. Our 3 OpenFOAM Training courses build CFD competency through a process of solution design with course prices equivalent to 1-2 weeks of payroll cost of a CFD engineer or 2% of a single core, commercial CFD licence. Our schedule during Covid-19 travel restrictions includes scheduled live virtual training courses at times to fit with Europe and Americas time zones.
Latest News on Twitter
- We design our OpenFOAM Training so that users can be productive with #OpenFOAM: https://t.co/KixhnYo94E2 days ago
- New Andrade model calculates the natural logarithm of dynamic viscosity and thermal conductivity for liquids in… https://t.co/9KuKsmUn662 days ago
- Get started with CFD Direct From the Cloud (CFDDFC®), our complete #cloud platform for #OpenFOAM, pay-as-you-go, on… https://t.co/p6FUsaecR43 days ago
- Streamlines now propagate across cyclic boundaries in #OpenFOAM-dev https://t.co/mQ16KmeGH13 days ago
- See our Schedule for #OpenFOAM Training in 2022, #Virtual Europe and Americas time zone. Attend from any location.… https://t.co/znjX7scy8J4 days ago
- Fund the core maintenance team with the proven experience, ability and commitment to redesign #OpenFOAM for the fut… https://t.co/wK1XuirbLP4 days ago
- Sample surfaces are now written with all field data in a single file which simplifies visualization post-processing… https://t.co/HHEQ8qklUy4 days ago
- Day 1 of #Cloud #CFD Training Course, #Virtual Europe, using the latest version of #OpenFOAM (v9). https://t.co/beoNJI4WDK5 days ago
- Patch release (20211122) of #OpenFOAM v9 for @ubuntu , including v21.10 "impish", installable on Windows 10, with D… https://t.co/relipsi2RZ6 days ago
- Thank you to all the participants who attended our #OpenFOAM Programming #CFD, #Virtual Europe training this week. https://t.co/CIDU01PVTh9 days ago