OpenFOAM is leading software for computational fluid dynamics (CFD). It is licensed free and open source only under the GNU General Public Licence (GPL) by the OpenFOAM Foundation.
Unlock the power of OpenFOAM to deliver robust CFD solutions. Essential, Applied and Programming OpenFOAM Training courses from the Architects of OpenFOAM.
Our team undertakes OpenFOAM Development projects and code customisation, with experience of managing and executing over 100 development projects.
OpenFOAM Support, direct from the founders and architect of OpenFOAM, covering software deployment and operation, CFD practice, and code customisation.
The leading open source CFD software
In April 2017, we added barycentric tracking into the public, development line of OpenFOAM (OpenFOAM-dev), as a complete replacement to the tracking algorithm that existed in OpenFOAM for over 10 years. Barycentric tracking works on any decomposed tet mesh, irrespective of mesh quality, including poor quality, flat and inverted tetrahedra. The new development was funded from the €100 k for OpenFOAM maintenance, raised through the OpenFOAM Foundation in 2017, in which “particles and tracking” was identified as an area in OpenFOAM “requiring significant code refactoring and/or rewriting”.
At the end of Year 2 of CFD Direct, we summarise our principal activities as the primary contributor to OpenFOAM. We developed new functionality, producing OpenFOAM v4.0 and v4.1, maintaining the OpenFOAM code base, documentation, websites and other infrastructure — where we contributed 1300 man-hours of work in-kind. We delivered 55 days of OpenFOAM Training — Essential, Applied and Programming CFD — as scheduled classroom courses, live virtual training and on-site. We released new versions of our cloud CFD platform, CFD Direct From the Cloud (CFDDFC), and became and Advanced Technology Partner of Amazon Web Services.
Latest News on Twitter
- 5 minute video on how to run #OpenFOAM v4 #CFD on #ubuntu 16.04 using CFD Direct From the Cloud™ on @awscloud: https://t.co/mHRb2u4q9m12 hours ago
- Generalised tetrahedron and triangle cutting in #OpenFOAM-dev, enabling cutting with level-sets as well as planes: https://t.co/x6E1HmeivF15 hours ago
- Learn from experts to write quality, C++ code in #OpenFOAM with our acclaimed 2 day virtual #Programming #CFD course https://t.co/Xhh17Tr9Uo19 hours ago
- Customize your On-Site #OpenFOAM Training from 60 modules from Essential, Applied and Programming #CFD courses: https://t.co/fupsZwLW5myesterday
- Added functions for volume averaging of discontinuous fields in #OpenFOAM-dev: https://t.co/0EV4H1nkfcyesterday
- 20% discount for Applied #CFD when booked with Essential CFD #OpenFOAM Training, #London, 25-28 Sep 2017. Book now: https://t.co/Z2HeNIXYQbyesterday
- From #OpenFOAM code architects, #Programming #CFD Training Virtual Americas, 12-13 Sep 2017. Book now: https://t.co/Pr6uayaiXT2 days ago
- Increase complexity of your #OpenFOAM simulations with #Applied #CFD Training from the Architects of OpenFOAM: https://t.co/q7FvMWDZ6x2 days ago
- New pack (20170521) of #OpenFOAM-dev for @ubuntu, installable on Windows 10, with Docker images for @Linux, macOS: https://t.co/kzRiGZU6Aq3 days ago
- Improved stability and convergence of simulations compressible liquids in rhoPimpleFoam in #OpenFOAM-dev: https://t.co/xrVsdIX3Sc6 days ago