Our mission is to make computational fluid dynamics (CFD) accessible and inclusive by developing free, open source CFD software — OpenFOAM — and providing services to its users.
Unlock the power of OpenFOAM to deliver robust CFD solutions. Essential, Applied, Programming and Cloud OpenFOAM Training courses from the Architects of OpenFOAM.
Our team undertakes OpenFOAM Development projects and code customisation, with experience of managing and executing over 100 development projects.
OpenFOAM Support, direct from the founders and architect of OpenFOAM, covering software deployment and operation, CFD practice, and code customisation.
The leading open source CFD software
CFD Direct is pleased to announce the release of version 9 of CFD Direct From the Cloud™ (CFDDFC®), available on Amazon Web Services (AWS) Marketplace as the standard CFDDFC product and CFDDFC (Arm). Standard CFDDFC v9 includes OpenFOAM v9, ParaView v5.6.0, OpenMPI v4.1.1 and FreeCAD v0.19.2, running on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. CFDDFC (Arm) is server-only including OpenFOAM v9 and OpenMPI v4.1.1, running on Ubuntu 20.04 LTS. CFDDFC runs on single instances with up to 48 C5 Intel cores (c5.24xlarge) or 64 C6 Arm-based cores (c6g.16xlarge) and in clusters with with good parallel scaling on clusters of instances up to 1000 cores.
In Autumn 2021 – Winter/Spring 2022, CFD Direct is running its OpenFOAM Training courses — Essential CFD, Applied CFD and Programming CFD — fully updated with the latest features of the new version 9 release of OpenFOAM. The training uses new features in OpenFOAM v9 for more productive and effective CFD. All courses are delivered as live virtual training. Essential and Applied CFD courses are available: 20 – 24 Sep, 18-22 Oct, 7-11 Feb (2022), 14-18 Mar. Programming CFD is available 28-30 Sep, 2-4 Nov, 23-25 Nov, 25-27 Jan (2022), 22-24 Feb, 29-31 Mar.
In March 2021, CFD Direct replaced fvOptions with new fvModels and fvConstraints classes. fvModels provided a more complete framework for implementation of complex models which could be optionally selected during a simulation. New fvModels were implemented for heat transfer and sources, which are easier to configure than a general fvOption. Pressure limiting was implemented as an fvConstraint named limitPressure, consistent with limitVelocity and limitTemperature. With additional fvModels such as cloud and surfaceFilm, solvers such as reactingFoam replicate the functionality of several existing solvers which are deprecated.
OpenFOAM provides leading CFD software to thousands of people within academia and industry for free. However, CFD is inherently complex and competency in CFD requires more than simply “learning the software package”. Our 3 OpenFOAM Training courses build CFD competency through a process of solution design with course prices equivalent to 1-2 weeks of payroll cost of a CFD engineer or 2% of a single core, commercial CFD licence. Our schedule during Covid-19 travel restrictions includes scheduled live virtual training courses at times to fit with Europe and Americas time zones.
Latest News on Twitter
- Limited Seats! Book now to learn from experts to write quality, C++ code in #OpenFOAM with our acclaimed… https://t.co/Oe22BJTXtu7 hours ago
- Added support for GCC compiler v11 to #OpenFOAM-dev https://t.co/UATv4X2UgC9 hours ago
- Get started with CFD Direct From the Cloud (CFDDFC®), our complete #cloud platform for #OpenFOAM, pay-as-you-go, on… https://t.co/FhTNEeEdCZ13 hours ago
- A #free video for quick, simple deployment of OpenFOAM in the cloud, on @awscloud #cloud with CFDDFC® Command Line… https://t.co/EaB66i3ALT5 days ago
- Overhaul of packaged function objects so that their configuration is equally effective using local files or by argu… https://t.co/PLvHHKb6Ne5 days ago
- Be more productive with #OpenFOAM #CFD with useful commands in our #free #Linux Guide for OpenFOAM: https://t.co/awXjcSDOty5 days ago
- Improved usability and performance of general surfaceFieldValue and volFieldValue function objects in #OpenFOAM-dev https://t.co/o8scZL9Oxv6 days ago
- CFD Direct From the Cloud™ (CFDDFC®), our @awscloud marketplace product running #OpenFOAM in #cloud, is available f… https://t.co/I2hzGaCAHt6 days ago
- foamInfo now lists models of the same family as a specified model in #OpenFOAM-dev https://t.co/fH4CyDYj877 days ago
- Subscribe to our newsletter for the latest #OpenFOAM developments, releases, documentation, videos, cloud, training: https://t.co/NNgKuT66sD7 days ago