OpenFOAM is leading software for computational fluid dynamics (CFD). It is licensed free and open source only under the GNU General Public Licence (GPL) by the OpenFOAM Foundation.
Unlock the power of OpenFOAM to deliver robust CFD solutions. Essential, Applied and Programming OpenFOAM Training courses from the Architects of OpenFOAM.
Our team undertakes OpenFOAM Development projects and code customisation, with experience of managing and executing over 100 development projects.
OpenFOAM Support, direct from the founders and architect of OpenFOAM, covering software deployment and operation, CFD practice, and code customisation.
The leading open source CFD software
OpenFOAM provides leading CFD software to thousands of people within academia and industry for free. However, CFD is inherently complex and competency in CFD requires more than simply “learning the software package”. Our 3 × 2 day OpenFOAM Training courses build CFD competency through a process of solution design with course prices equivalent to 1-2 weeks of payroll cost of a CFD engineer or 2% of a single core, commercial CFD licence. Our schedule includes classroom courses in UK, Germany and USA, with Live Virtual attendance worldwide, and on-site training for groups of 5 or more.
In Autumn 2017, CFD Direct are running their OpenFOAM Training courses — Essential CFD, Applied CFD and Programming CFD — fully updated with the latest features of the new version 5 release of OpenFOAM. Essential and Applied CFD courses are available: 25-28 Sep, London UK, and 16-19 Oct, Chicago USA with limited places via the Internet; 6-9 November, Munich Germany. Programming CFD is available 12-13 Sep and 3-4 Oct as Virtual Training. We use new features in OpenFOAM v5 to give our participants the confidence to carry out CFD analysis, repeatedly, to a defined standard in a timely manner.
CFD Direct From the Cloud (CFDDFC) is our established platform for running OpenFOAM, ParaView and supporting software using cloud computing. We are pleased to announce the release of our CFDDFC command line interface (CLI) for quick, simple, deployment of OpenFOAM CFD workloads with CFDDFC on Amazon EC2. The CLI is a simple shell script named “cfddfc” that users can follow a few short short steps to get running. It uses EC2 Spot Instances by default, and provides cost estimates for data transfer to help users run workloads at lowest cost.
In May 2017, we implemented water wave modelling into the public, development line of OpenFOAM (OpenFOAM-dev), to simulate flow conditions experienced in marine and offshore engineering, e.g. on a ship in open water. The initial implementation includes the first order Airy wave and the second order Stokes wave (Stokes II), a second-order accurate utility to apply waves for case initialisation to the entire domain. A verticalDamping source (fvOption) provides wave damping towards outlet regions and an interfaceHeight function object processes interface elevation at specified locations.
Latest News on Twitter
- Competency in CFD requires more than simply “learning the software package”. It requires learning effective #CFD… https://t.co/NWqeRUokLi2 days ago
- Simplified the selection of combustion and chemistry models in #OpenFOAM-dev: https://t.co/JN7Ag50loH2 days ago
- How to reduce the cost of running #OpenFOAM CFD with CFD Direct From the Cloud™ using spot pricing on @awscloud… https://t.co/PpdF8qXP3o2 days ago
- Get even more productive #freesoftware #CFD at lower cost with our #OpenFOAM Training from recognised experts: https://t.co/L6zUwG9jhC3 days ago
- Corrected transonic flow option in compressibleInterFoam family of solvers in #OpenFOAM-dev: https://t.co/BLxdGIxhyA3 days ago
- From #OpenFOAM code architects, #Essential and #Applied #CFD Training London, 5-8 Feb 2018. Book your place: https://t.co/Z2HeNIXYQb3 days ago
- Learn from experts to write quality, C++ code in #OpenFOAM with our acclaimed virtual #Programming #CFD course,… https://t.co/4yWtsFw08m4 days ago
- Added new wallHeatTransferCoeff function object to calculate the wall heat transfer coefficient in #OpenFOAM-dev: https://t.co/OgdYCliQ9p4 days ago
- Increase the complexity of your #OpenFOAM simulations with #Applied #CFD Training from the Architects of OpenFOAM: https://t.co/q7FvMWDZ6x4 days ago
- New pack (20171210) of #OpenFOAM-dev for @ubuntu , installable on Windows 10, with Docker images for @Linux, macOS: https://t.co/kzRiGZU6Aq5 days ago