OpenFOAM is leading software for computational fluid dynamics (CFD). It is licensed free and open source only under the GNU General Public Licence (GPL) by the OpenFOAM Foundation.
Unlock the power of OpenFOAM to deliver robust CFD solutions. Essential, Applied, Programming and Cloud OpenFOAM Training courses from the Architects of OpenFOAM.
Our team undertakes OpenFOAM Development projects and code customisation, with experience of managing and executing over 100 development projects.
OpenFOAM Support, direct from the founders and architect of OpenFOAM, covering software deployment and operation, CFD practice, and code customisation.
The leading open source CFD software
We design our OpenFOAM Training so that users can learn effective CFD, giving them the confidence to carry out CFD analysis, repeatedly, to a defined standard in a timely manner. We provide 4 courses that teach reliable procedures to configure, run and maintain CFD simulations. While creating and improving these courses, we have contributed tools to OpenFOAM for more productive CFD, so that users waste less time on routine tasks. They include the post-processing command line interface, template cases, and tools for case setup, monitoring simulations, quick documentation and code customisation.
In Autumn 2018, CFD Direct is running its OpenFOAM Training courses — Essential CFD, Applied CFD, Programming CFD and Cloud CFD — fully updated with the latest features of the new version 6 release of OpenFOAM. Essential and Applied CFD courses are available: 24-27 Sep, London UK; 15-18 Oct, Chicago USA; 30 Oct – 1 Nov and 5-7 Nov, Virtual Training; 12-15 Nov, Munich Germany. Programming CFD is available 11-13 Sep and 2-4 Oct as Virtual Training. We use new features in OpenFOAM v6 for more productive and effective CFD.
OpenFOAM provides leading CFD software to thousands of people within academia and industry for free. However, CFD is inherently complex and competency in CFD requires more than simply “learning the software package”. Our 4 OpenFOAM Training courses build CFD competency through a process of solution design with course prices equivalent to 1-2 weeks of payroll cost of a CFD engineer or 2% of a single core, commercial CFD licence. Our schedule includes classroom courses in UK, Germany and USA, with Live Virtual attendance worldwide, and on-site training for groups of 5 or more.
CFD Direct From the Cloud (CFDDFC) is our established platform for running OpenFOAM, ParaView and supporting software using cloud computing. CFDDFC is now available on AWS C5 and M5 instances of Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2). The CFDDFC product page on AWS MarketPlace now lists CFDDFC versions 5.2 and 4.2, corresponding to versions 5 and 4 of OpenFOAM, respectively. Users who launch CFDDFC with the command line interface should update their installation of CFDDFC immediately.
Latest News on Twitter
- RT @ASALIcode: Do you wonna stay updated with #OpenFoam news? Follow @CFDdirect !! #FF #opensource2 days ago
- Get started with #OpenFOAM v6 in the cloud, simple deployment on @awscloud #cloud with CFDDDFC Command Line Interfa… https://t.co/Ih2oQ3gVU33 days ago
- Advance your career with #OpenFOAM Training #Munich, #CFD, 12-15 Nov 2018, from the primary developers. Book now: https://t.co/LsQb883uoP3 days ago
- We would like to thank you everyone for attending the @CFDFoundation OpenFOAM Open Day 2018, #openfoamday4 days ago
- Final talk for the OpenFOAM Open Day event! #openfoamday4 days ago
- Presentation in progress by George Skillas on behalf of the Process Consortium, talking about Funding OpenFOAM, #openfoamday4 days ago
- Hey! Let us know if you are attending the Live, OpenFOAM Open Day #openfoamday.4 days ago
- Last seat available for our #OpenFOAM Programming #CFD course, Virtual Europe 2-4 Oct 2018. Book now: https://t.co/9y2gZHF3gt5 days ago
- RT @CFDFoundation: Have you booked yet? Final chance to book your place to join our live stream event, #OpenFOAM Open Day, #openfoamday, sp…6 days ago
- We are getting ready for the @CFDFoundation #OpenFOAM Open Day 2018. Have you booked your place for the #free live… https://t.co/1OBatzOV4210 days ago