OpenFOAM is leading software for computational fluid dynamics (CFD). It is licensed free and open source only under the GNU General Public Licence (GPL) by the OpenFOAM Foundation.
Unlock the power of OpenFOAM to deliver robust CFD solutions. Essential, Applied and Programming OpenFOAM Training courses from the Architects of OpenFOAM.
Our team undertakes OpenFOAM Development projects and code customisation, with experience of managing and executing over 100 development projects.
OpenFOAM Support, direct from the founders and architect of OpenFOAM, covering software deployment and operation, CFD practice, and code customisation.
The leading open source CFD software
In May 2017, we implemented water wave modelling into the public, development line of OpenFOAM (OpenFOAM-dev), to simulate flow conditions experienced in marine and offshore engineering, e.g. on a ship in open water. The initial implementation includes the first order Airy wave and the second order Stokes wave (Stokes II), a second-order accurate utility to apply waves for case initialisation to the entire domain. A verticalDamping source (fvOption) provides wave damping towards outlet regions and an interfaceHeight function object processes interface elevation at specified locations.
In April 2017, we added barycentric tracking into the public, development line of OpenFOAM (OpenFOAM-dev), as a complete replacement to the tracking algorithm that existed in OpenFOAM for over 10 years. Barycentric tracking works on any decomposed tet mesh, irrespective of mesh quality, including poor quality, flat and inverted tetrahedra. The new development was funded from the €100 k for OpenFOAM maintenance, raised through the OpenFOAM Foundation in 2017, in which “particles and tracking” was identified as an area in OpenFOAM “requiring significant code refactoring and/or rewriting”.
Latest News on Twitter
- Our #OpenFOAM Training accelerates CFD learning using our code contributions which improve usability: https://t.co/KQoUmcMdhT6 hours ago
- Build competency in #freesoftware #CFD with our extensive #OpenFOAM Training - better than renewing licences: https://t.co/L6zUwG9jhC23 hours ago
- See our dates for #OpenFOAM Training at #London 25-28 Sep, #Munich 6-9 Nov 2017. Book your place now: https://t.co/FeiM7Yvm7uyesterday
- Day 1 of #Essential #CFD Training Course, #Virtual Americas, using the features we added to vs 3 and 4 to simplify… https://t.co/hGGHI3hOKE2 days ago
- Last seat available #Programming #CFD, #OpenFOAM Training, #London 4-5 Jul 2017. Book now: https://t.co/Z2HeNIXYQb2 days ago
- reactingEulerFoam can now run isothermal, compressible flow in #OpenFOAM-dev. Thanks Ronald Oertel, @HZDR_Dresden: https://t.co/ytAsI1qVtc3 days ago
- New pack (20170618) of #OpenFOAM-dev for @ubuntu, installable on Windows 10, with Docker images for @Linux, macOS: https://t.co/7HKhT2K8uZ3 days ago
- Don't forget the #OpenFOAM User Guide is available online at: https://t.co/2f9hMHeSLR3 days ago
- See our curriculum and what our customers say about our Essential #CFD, #OpenFOAM Training course: https://t.co/EWH0HzPCly6 days ago
- foamCloneCase can clone cases from configuration directories, copies script files and 0.orig dirs in #OpenFOAM-dev: https://t.co/rqEZwnMGnf7 days ago