OpenFOAM is leading software for computational fluid dynamics (CFD). It is licensed free and open source only under the GNU General Public Licence (GPL) by the OpenFOAM Foundation.
Unlock the power of OpenFOAM to deliver robust CFD solutions. Essential, Applied, Programming and Cloud OpenFOAM Training courses from the Architects of OpenFOAM.
Our team undertakes OpenFOAM Development projects and code customisation, with experience of managing and executing over 100 development projects.
OpenFOAM Support, direct from the founders and architect of OpenFOAM, covering software deployment and operation, CFD practice, and code customisation.
The leading open source CFD software
We design our OpenFOAM Training so that users can learn effective CFD, giving them the confidence to carry out CFD analysis, repeatedly, to a defined standard in a timely manner. We provide 4 courses that teach reliable procedures to configure, run and maintain CFD simulations. While creating and improving these courses, we have contributed tools to OpenFOAM for more productive CFD, so that users waste less time on routine tasks. They include the post-processing command line interface, template cases, and tools for case setup, monitoring simulations, quick documentation and code customisation.
In Autumn 2018, CFD Direct is running its OpenFOAM Training courses — Essential CFD, Applied CFD, Programming CFD and Cloud CFD — fully updated with the latest features of the new version 6 release of OpenFOAM. Essential and Applied CFD courses are available: 24-27 Sep, London UK; 15-18 Oct, Chicago USA; 30 Oct – 1 Nov and 5-7 Nov, Virtual Training; 12-15 Nov, Munich Germany. Programming CFD is available 11-13 Sep and 2-4 Oct as Virtual Training. We use new features in OpenFOAM v6 for more productive and effective CFD.
OpenFOAM provides leading CFD software to thousands of people within academia and industry for free. However, CFD is inherently complex and competency in CFD requires more than simply “learning the software package”. Our 4 OpenFOAM Training courses build CFD competency through a process of solution design with course prices equivalent to 1-2 weeks of payroll cost of a CFD engineer or 2% of a single core, commercial CFD licence. Our schedule includes classroom courses in UK, Germany and USA, with Live Virtual attendance worldwide, and on-site training for groups of 5 or more.
CFD Direct From the Cloud (CFDDFC) is our established platform for running OpenFOAM, ParaView and supporting software using cloud computing. CFDDFC is now available on AWS C5 and M5 instances of Elastic Cloud Compute (EC2). The CFDDFC product page on AWS MarketPlace now lists CFDDFC versions 5.2 and 4.2, corresponding to versions 5 and 4 of OpenFOAM, respectively. Users who launch CFDDFC with the command line interface should update their installation of CFDDFC immediately.
Latest News on Twitter
- We are building up a library of videos, containing quick tips on using #OpenFOAM. It's free, and reliable since we… https://t.co/0RnSL2t1cV2 days ago
- Limited seats available for our #OpenFOAM #CFD training, #London, #Chicago, #Munich and 3 #Virtual time zones. Book… https://t.co/qp1WKccIuc3 days ago
- We added the foamInfo and foamGet scripts to #OpenFOAM 6, to enable Productive #CFD with OpenFOAM: https://t.co/uPcm1sTc8V3 days ago
- The official User Guide for #OpenFOAM v6 is freely available online in easy-to-read format. Bookmark the page: https://t.co/2f9hMHeSLR3 days ago
- From #OpenFOAM code architects, #Essential and #Applied #CFD Training London, 24-27 Sep 2018. Book now: https://t.co/Z2HeNIXYQb4 days ago
- Advance your career with #OpenFOAM Training #Chicago #Virtual, #CFD, 15-18 Oct 2018, from the primary developers. B… https://t.co/sxk31sqC6o5 days ago
- Build effective #OpenFOAM simulations quickly with our #Essential #CFD Training from the Architects of OpenFOAM: https://t.co/EWH0HzPCly5 days ago
- New foamGet script to copy a configuration file, e.g. decomposeParDict, residuals, into a case quickly in #OpenFOAM… https://t.co/Jqzkn5fZvE6 days ago
- Improved handling of dependencies in wmake when files are removed in #OpenFOAM-dev: https://t.co/bVHVYgn1Qx6 days ago
- New foamInfo script provides quick, relevant information on models (including boundary conditions and packaged func… https://t.co/SOgFCR4iJI6 days ago