OpenFOAM is leading software for computational fluid dynamics (CFD). It is licensed free and open source only under the GNU General Public Licence (GPL) by the OpenFOAM Foundation.
Unlock the power of OpenFOAM to deliver robust CFD solutions. Essential, Applied, Programming and Cloud OpenFOAM Training courses from the Architects of OpenFOAM.
Our team undertakes OpenFOAM Development projects and code customisation, with experience of managing and executing over 100 development projects.
OpenFOAM Support, direct from the founders and architect of OpenFOAM, covering software deployment and operation, CFD practice, and code customisation.
The leading open source CFD software
OpenFOAM sustainability involves developing software that meets critical needs of users, through a balance of resources, technology, investment and institutional support. The critical needs are availability, usability, robustness and extensibility. The critical work required to meet those needs are publishing, repair and redesign. Employers rarely allocate time to individuals to contribute critical work, so it is generally left to “career maintainers” at CFD Direct. With limited funding, decisions about the critical work are made by those who fund and/or contribute the work, via The OpenFOAM Hub.
We design our OpenFOAM Training so that users can learn effective CFD, giving them the confidence to carry out CFD analysis, repeatedly, to a defined standard in a timely manner. We provide 4 courses that teach reliable procedures to configure, run and maintain CFD simulations. While creating and improving these courses, we have contributed tools to OpenFOAM for more productive CFD, so that users waste less time on routine tasks. They include the post-processing command line interface, template cases, and tools for case setup, monitoring simulations, quick documentation and code customisation.
In Autumn 2018, CFD Direct is running its OpenFOAM Training courses — Essential CFD, Applied CFD, Programming CFD and Cloud CFD — fully updated with the latest features of the new version 6 release of OpenFOAM. Essential and Applied CFD courses are available: 24-27 Sep, London UK; 15-18 Oct, Chicago USA; 30 Oct – 1 Nov and 5-7 Nov, Virtual Training; 12-15 Nov, Munich Germany. Programming CFD is available 11-13 Sep and 2-4 Oct as Virtual Training. We use new features in OpenFOAM v6 for more productive and effective CFD.
OpenFOAM provides leading CFD software to thousands of people within academia and industry for free. However, CFD is inherently complex and competency in CFD requires more than simply “learning the software package”. Our 4 OpenFOAM Training courses build CFD competency through a process of solution design with course prices equivalent to 1-2 weeks of payroll cost of a CFD engineer or 2% of a single core, commercial CFD licence. Our schedule includes classroom courses in UK, Germany and USA, with Live Virtual attendance worldwide, and on-site training for groups of 5 or more.
Latest News on Twitter
- From #OpenFOAM code architects, #Essential and #Applied #CFD Training #Houston, 25-28 Feb 2019. Book now: https://t.co/miyMlWImRJ11 hours ago
- Learn about the new features and tools in #OpenFOAM v6 from the company who created it! Join our OpenFOAM Training… https://t.co/FmHJQFM93l18 hours ago
- New pack (20181020) of #OpenFOAM-dev for @ubuntu, installable on Windows 10, with Docker images for @Linux, macOS: https://t.co/kzRiGZU6Aqyesterday
- Get even more productive #freesoftware #CFD at lower cost with our #OpenFOAM Training from recognised experts: https://t.co/L6zUwG9jhC5 days ago
- Added interpolation method in #OpenFOAM-dev to eliminate hanging when particle drag competes with wall rebound in L… https://t.co/Ns4Q4Av19P5 days ago
- Still time to book your place for our #OpenFOAM Training #Munich, #CFD, 12-15 Nov 2018, from the primary developers… https://t.co/TmiKq2kApw5 days ago
- Day 1 of #Applied #CFD Training Course, #Chicago, #Virtual, using the latest version of #OpenFOAM (v6).6 days ago
- New structure for generalised Newtonian laminar transport enables strain-dependent viscosity functions to be combin… https://t.co/DAc0MbxYpl6 days ago
- Get started with OpenFOAM v6 in the cloud, simple deployment on @awscloud #cloud with CFDDDFC Command Line Interface https://t.co/Jlg4cf0O7I6 days ago
- Schedule and book #OpenFOAM Training 2018, #Chicago, #Munich, #London, #Houston and #Virtual for 3 time zones avail… https://t.co/GOPrA5eVip7 days ago