Running CFDDFC with the Azure Console
- Launch a Virtual Machine
- Connect to a Virtual Machine
- Connect with the Remote Desktop
[ Azure Setup
Launch in the Console
Problem with these instructions?
Please send a CFDDFC Support Query.
- Enter a machine Name, e.g.
- Choose a VM disk type: either is solid state (SSD) or magnetic (HDD), which limits the choice of virtual machines (VMs) available to the user, e.g. some are SSD only such as the F series.
- Choose a login User name, e.g.
- Choose Authentication type: either authenticate using an SSH public key, pasting the key in text box below; or (simpler, less secure) select and provide a Password.
- Use the
Free Trial Subscription.
- Create a Resource group, e.g.
- Choose a Location, noting the availability of Virtual Machine sizes in different regions.
- Click OK.
Choose a Size
- Available VM sizes will appear in the panel with price estimates; select all to view all VMs.
- The user can consult Azure Virtual Machine Pricing.
- Select a VM, e.g. for testing, if we use HDD in Europe West, we could select a single core A series size.
- Click Select.
- Settings can be made to Storage, Networking, Extensions, Availability and Monitoring.
- Click OK to accept the default settings, which will work.
- View the Summary and click OK.
- View the Purchase Offer.
- Click OK if you wish to accept the offer.
See Create a Linux VM on Azure using Portal.