Azure Setup and Configuration
- Setup and Configuration
Microsoft provides a range of products and services from Windows, Office, apps, cloud and gaming. Access to their services is provided through login credentials (username and password) associated with a Microsoft Account. Azure is no exception — a Microsoft Account is required to sign up to Azure and subsequently access the service. You therefore need to choose or create a Microsoft Account for Azure:
- either by using an existing Microsoft Account (click link for current login status);
- or by creating a new Microsoft Account.
Sign up to Microsoft Azure
Go to Get Started with Microsoft Azure to sign up to Azure. New users can simply create a free account as described below. Note that account registration requires a credit card whether the free trial is used or not.
- Select Create your Azure Account, then click Start for Free.
- At the Microsoft Azure login window, login with your chosen account (see above).
- At the Free Trial Sign Up, enter your region, name, email address and telephone number.
- Enter a phone number to receive a verification code by SMS (text); enter the code.
- Enter credit card details for identification.
- Accept the Terms and Conditions to activate the Free Trial Subscription.