Running CFDDFC with the Azure ConsoleAzure Setup | Launch in the Console ]
Install X2Go Client on Your Local Computer (one-time only)
Install the X2Go Client which provides remote desktop to access CFD Direct from the Cloud. X2Go is available for Linux, Mac OS X MS Windows. X2Go Installation Instructions is the reference page for installation. More specifically, the installation instructions for different platforms are:
Start the X2Go Client Application
- Launch the X2Go client software, e.g. from an application launcher or, for Linux, entering the following in a terminal
Configuring a New Session
- From the Session menu, select New Session
- In the Session panel, set the:
- Session Name: your choice, e.g. OpenFOAM
- Host IP address: the public IP address of the instance in the form
- Login user name: your chosen user name, e.g.
- RSA/DSA key for SSH: add the SSH key file only if SSH authentication was selected during launch (rather than password authentication)
- Session Type: MATE
- (Optional) In the Input/Output panel, customise the screen size suitable for your current monitor, e.g. Width 1920, Height 1200 for a large desktop monitor, Width 1280, Height 720 for a laptop.
- Click OK to save the session settings.
Running the Session
- Wait until the instance has fully launched in the Azure console before attempting to connect; it is sensible to wait until the Status Checks are complete.
- From the Client window, click on the OpenFOAM session panel as shown below:
- A window may appear confirming you wish to continue to connect to an unauthorized host. Select Yes to continue.
- If password authentication was selected during launch, the user must enter the password in the login panel.
- The host desktop will appear as shown below. Open a terminal from the menu Applications → System Tools → MATE Terminal and start using OpenFOAM through the remote desktop.