Autumn 2023 – Spring 2024
CFD Direct are running their OpenFOAM Training courses, Essential CFD, Applied CFD, and Programming CFD fully updated with the latest features of OpenFOAM v11. All courses are delivered as live virtual training to enable participants to learn effective CFD from the comfort of their workplace or home. The following courses are available:
- 18-22 Sep: Virtual, Europe : Essential CFD and Applied CFD. SOLD OUT
- 2-6 Oct: Virtual, Americas : Essential CFD and Applied CFD. SOLD OUT
- 23-25 Oct: Virtual, Europe : Programming CFD. SOLD OUT
- 14-16 Nov: Virtual, Americas : Programming CFD.
- 29 Jan – 2 Feb 2024: Virtual, Europe : Essential CFD and Applied CFD.
- 12-14 Feb: Virtual, Europe : Programming CFD.
- 4-8 Mar: Virtual, Americas : Essential CFD and Applied CFD.
- 18-20 Mar: Virtual, Americas : Programming CFD.
CFD Direct manages, maintains and develops OpenFOAM. We make OpenFOAM more robust and easier to use in incremental steps that are first released in the development version (
OpenFOAM-dev). Those improvements subsequently appear in version releases, so that over time we have accumulated numerous tools for productive CFD so that users waste less time on routine tasks. Our training teaches these tools and is fully updated for the latest improvements in v11, including:
- modular solvers and the foamRun application;
- the snappyHexMeshConfig utility to preconfigure input files for meshing;
- the foamToC utility to search the contents of OpenFOAM;
- updated post-processing functionality;
- enhancements to dictionary input syntax, e.g.
Effective CFD by Design
We design our OpenFOAM Training so that users can learn effective CFD, giving them the confidence to carry out CFD analysis, repeatedly, to a defined standard in a timely manner. We build competency by teaching how to create CFD solutions through a process of design:
- Prototype – building a representative solution, from a template, rapidly (timely manner).
- Production – refining the solution by an iterative design process, making small changes and testing frequently (confidence).
- Packaging – making the solution reliable, cost effective and easy to use again and again (repeatedly, defined standard).