Chris Greenshields began working on OpenFOAM (formerly “FOAM”) in 1996. He leads the management of OpenFOAM and his experience in OpenFOAM Training is unequalled.
- Managing Director, CFD Direct.
- Co-founder and Director/Member OpenFOAM Foundation (2011).
- Created OpenFOAM Training Courses, delivered ~450 days training to date (2008-).
- Author/maintainer of OpenFOAM websites:
- Co-founder of OpenFOAM project (2004).
- Author/maintainer of the OpenFOAM User Guide.
- Developed OpenFOAM expertise over 22 years.
- CFD Direct Ltd, Co-founder, Managing Director, March 2015 – Present.
- The OpenFOAM Foundation, Co-founder, Director, August 2011 – Present.
- OpenCFD Ltd, Co-founder, Director, November 2004 – September 2014.
- Created 1 day OpenFOAM Cloud Course (2018)
- Created 2 day OpenFOAM Programming Course (2016)
- Created 2×2 days OpenFOAM Training Courses: Essential CFD and Advanced CFD (2015)
- … providing CFD Training with OpenFOAM, based on the challenges of CFD analysis.
- Delivered ~450 days OpenFOAM Training 2008- in ~20 countries worldwide.
- Wrote 2×2 days OpenFOAM Training Courses in 2008.
- Member of CEdMA Europe (Computer Education Management Association Europe).
- Author/presenter of 4 hour “OpenFOAM Lessons Day”, 1st OpenFOAM User Conference, Germany (2013) and OpenFOAM Seminar Day, Troy, MI (2013).
- Author of the OpenFOAM User Guide and Programmer’s Guide.
- Author of the OpenFOAM Linux Guide, Tensor Mathematics and Energy Equation in OpenFOAM.
- Manager of code releases and author of OpenFOAM release announcements.
- Writer and maintainer of information on OpenFOAM Features, OpenFOAM Licensing, OpenFOAM Installation and OpenFOAM Development.