- 29-31 Jan: Virtual, Americas, Programming CFD.
- 4-7 Feb: London UK, Essential and Applied CFD, with a limited number of places to attend remotely via the Internet.
- 8 Feb: Virtual, London, Cloud CFD.
- 25-28 Feb: Houston USA, Essential and Applied CFD.
- 12-14 Mar: Virtual, Europe, Programming CFD.
- 21 Mar: Virtual, Americas, Cloud CFD.
- 13-16 May: Cologne Germany, Essential and Applied CFD.
- 10-13 Jun: Denver USA, Essential and Applied CFD, with a limited number of places to attend remotely via the Internet.
Productive CFD with OpenFOAM
We design our OpenFOAM Training so that users can learn effective CFD, giving them the confidence to carry out CFD analysis, repeatedly, to a defined standard in a timely manner. We provide 4 courses — Essential CFD, Applied CFD, Programming CFD and Cloud CFD — that teach reliable procedures to configure, run and maintain CFD simulations. While creating and improving these courses, we have contributed tools to OpenFOAM for more productive CFD, so that users waste less time on routine tasks.
CFD Direct manages, maintains and develops OpenFOAM on behalf of the OpenFOAM Foundation. Through the public release of the development version (
OpenFOAM-dev), and the adoption of a sustainable development strategy, we have made OpenFOAM more robust and easier to use. We have included numerous tools for productive CFD so that users waste less time on routine tasks. Our training teaches these tools and is fully updated for latest features in v6:
- Heat Transfer – simplified case setup with the foamSetupCHT utility and the singleFluidCHT template case.
- Visualisation – updated sampling for graphs, extended seeding options for streamlines.
- Case Management – foamInfo script to find information, and time and jobInfo function objects.
- Case Initialisation – foamGet script to copy configuration files quickly, and foamDictionary to edit file entries.
- Meshing – updated surfaceFeatures utility, general dynamic mesh capability.
- General – improved AMI, multiphase, particles and other modelling.