CFD Direct are running their OpenFOAM Training courses, Essential CFD, Applied CFD, and Programming CFD fully updated with the latest features of OpenFOAM v9. All courses are delivered as live virtual training to enable participants to learn effective CFD from the comfort of their workplace or home. The following courses are available:
- 25-27 Jan: Virtual, Americas : Programming CFD.
- 7-11 Feb: Virtual, Europe : Essential CFD and Applied CFD.
- 22-24 Feb: Virtual, Europe : Programming CFD.
- 14-18 Mar: Virtual, Americas : Essential CFD and Applied CFD.
- 29-31 Mar: Virtual, Americas : Programming CFD.
- 9-13 May: Virtual, Europe : Essential CFD and Applied CFD.
- 23-25 May: Virtual, Europe : Programming CFD.
- 6-10 Jun: Virtual, Americas : Essential CFD and Applied CFD.
- 21-23 Jun: Virtual, Americas : Programming CFD.
CFD Direct manages, maintains and develops OpenFOAM. Through the public release of the development version (
OpenFOAM-dev), and the adoption of a sustainable development strategy, we have made OpenFOAM more robust and easier to use. We have included numerous tools for productive CFD so that users waste less time on routine tasks. Our training teaches these tools and is fully updated for latest features in v9:
- Thermophysical – more flexible configuration of model packages.
- Transport – new code structure and models, including kOmega2006 turbulence model.
- Heat Transfer – removed redundant p field in solids, new dedicated heat sources.
- Programming – redesigned interfaces, more compilation options.
- Models and Constraints – more flexible fvModels and fvConstraints.
- Function Objects – new usage, with simplified and more reliable configuration.
- Case Management – improved foamDictionary, including
- Case Initialisation – “slash” (
/) syntax to access data in input files using macro (
- Meshing – simplified usage for faster configuration.
Effective CFD by Design
We design our OpenFOAM Training so that users can learn effective CFD, giving them the confidence to carry out CFD analysis, repeatedly, to a defined standard in a timely manner. We build competency by teaching how to create CFD solutions through a process of design:
- Prototype – building a representative solution, from a template, rapidly (timely manner).
- Production – refining the solution by an iterative design process, making small changes and testing frequently (confidence).
- Packaging – making the solution reliable, cost effective and easy to use again and again (repeatedly, defined standard).