- 12-13 Sep: Virtual, Americas, Programming CFD.
- 25-28 Sep: London UK, Essential and Applied CFD, with a limited number of places to attend remotely via the Internet.
- 3-4 Oct: Virtual, Europe, Programming CFD.
- 16-19 Oct: Chicago USA, Essential and Applied CFD, with a limited number of places to attend remotely via the Internet.
- 6-9 Nov: Munich Germany, Essential and Applied CFD.
Building CFD Competency by Design
Our goal is to build CFD competency of our participants. Competency is the confidence to carry out CFD analysis, repeatedly, to a defined standard in a timely manner.
- Confidence = not freezing at the keyboard.
- Repeatedly = delivering a good solution, and then another.
- Defined standard = understand what a good solution is.
- Timely manner = working efficiently.
We build competency by teaching how to create CFD solutions through a process of design:
- Prototype – building a representative solution, from a template, rapidly (timely manner).
- Production – refining the solution by an iterative design process, making small changes and testing frequently (confidence).
- Packaging – making the solution reliable, cost effective and easy to use again and again (repeatedly, defined standard).
CFD Direct manages, maintains and develops OpenFOAM. Through the public release of the development version (
OpenFOAM-dev), and the adoption of an agile development strategy, we transformed OpenFOAM into “always-releasable” quality. OpenFOAM v5 includes new functionality and improvements that encourages competent design of CFD solutions, with strict demands on usability, reliability and maintainability. Our training also covers new features:
- Usability – template cases, case management tools, data processing, boundary conditions, latest
- Parallel I/O – simpler, new data format for parallel running.
- Thermophysical Modelling – more robust modelling, with greater consistency for the iterative design process.
- Meshing – templates for snappyHexMesh, with new features for background meshing, effective for rotating geometry with AMI.
- Particles – injection and tracking with the new barycentric algorithm.