CFD Direct are running their OpenFOAM Training courses, Essential CFD, Applied CFD, Programming CFD and Cloud CFD fully updated with the latest features of OpenFOAM v7. Courses are available:
- 17-19 Sep: Virtual, Americas, Programming CFD.
- 23-26 Sep: London UK, Essential and Applied CFD, with a limited number of places to attend remotely via the Internet.
- 7-10 Oct: Chicago USA, Essential and Applied CFD, with a limited number of places to attend remotely via the Internet.
- 23-25 Oct: Virtual, Europe, Programming CFD.
- 4-7 Nov: Munich Germany, Essential and Applied CFD.
Effective CFD by Design
We design our OpenFOAM Training so that users can learn effective CFD, giving them the confidence to carry out CFD analysis, repeatedly, to a defined standard in a timely manner. We build competency by teaching how to create CFD solutions through a process of design:
- Prototype – building a representative solution, from a template, rapidly (timely manner).
- Production – refining the solution by an iterative design process, making small changes and testing frequently (confidence).
- Packaging – making the solution reliable, cost effective and easy to use again and again (repeatedly, defined standard).
CFD Direct manages, maintains and develops OpenFOAM. Through the public release of the development version (
OpenFOAM-dev), and the adoption of a sustainable development strategy, we have made OpenFOAM more robust and easier to use. We have included numerous tools for productive CFD so that users waste less time on routine tasks. Our training teaches these tools and is fully updated for latest features in v7:
- Heat Transfer – improved case setup included in the foamSetupCHT utility.
- Visualisation – improved cutting planes, iso-surfaces and seeding options for streamlines.
- Case Management – extended options for the foamInfo script to find information.
- Case Initialisation – new dictionary directives and options for foamGet and foamDictionary scripts.
- Meshing – improved dynamic mesh capability.
- General – improved multiphase, particles, turbulence, thermophysical and other modelling.