Our mission is to make computational fluid dynamics (CFD) accessible and inclusive by developing free, open source CFD software — OpenFOAM — and providing services to its users.
Unlock the power of OpenFOAM to deliver robust CFD solutions. Essential, Applied and Programming OpenFOAM Training courses from the Architects of OpenFOAM.
Our team undertakes OpenFOAM Development projects and code customisation, with experience of managing and executing over 100 development projects.
OpenFOAM Support, direct from the founders and architect of OpenFOAM, covering software deployment and operation, CFD practice, and code customisation.
The leading open source CFD software
Cloud computing replaces large upfront expenses with low, variable payments that only apply to what you use. CFD simulations cover a range of sizes and complexity. Activity is generally interrupted by quiet periods when simulations are halted, e.g. when a simulation ends non-working hours, during analysis of results or preparation of a new simulation, etc. The fluctuating demand makes CFD well suited to a pay-per-use model. Users need to understand the costs involved to get the best value from cloud and be confident that they fall within budget. This article explains the costs, with an example of an external aerodynamics calculation with OpenFOAM using CFD Direct From the Cloud™ (CFDDFC) on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
A breakdown of outstanding issues in OpenFOAM (2016-10-26) shows 90% of unresolved issues falling within only 7 categories. The two worst offenders account for almost half of all unresolved issues: 1) AMI, ACMI and cyclic interfaces; and, 2) heat transfer, including conjugate heat transfer (CHT). These categories, and “particles and tracking” and “sources/constraints” in particular, require significant refactoring and/or rewriting. Their current state of disrepair was caused by poor funding under a roadmap development strategy. Funding of agile development of OpenFOAM is now needed to support our aim to improve quality, with a target 50% reduction in unresolved issues in 2017.
Latest News on Twitter
- Try out #OpenFOAM on #CFD Direct From the #Cloud for free using the Free Tier for new users of @awscloud: https://t.co/0JidFMPLxJ18 hours ago
- Packaged distributions of #OpenFOAM for @ubuntu can be installed directly on Microsoft Windows 10: https://t.co/x3leespWQJyesterday
- Advance your career with #OpenFOAM Training #Houston, 27 Feb - 2 Mar 2017, from the primary developers. Book now https://t.co/miyMlWImRJ2 days ago
- Advance your career with #OpenFOAM Training #London, #CFD, 6-9 February 2017, from the primary developers. Book now https://t.co/Z2HeNIXYQb2 days ago
- Added mesh-motion solver for multiple moving regions in #OpenFOAM-dev #CFD, e.g. for 2 counter-rotating AMI regions: https://t.co/QTuYY8RV3Y3 days ago
- Interesting to run #OpenFOAM with #CFD Direct From the #Cloud on 36 core instance with lower latency clustering in… https://t.co/z22kGR01uI6 days ago
- Sampling for graph plotting is also so much easier to configure in #OpenFOAM v4: https://t.co/1ZFYyHJPvL7 days ago
- The post-processing command line interface is one of the best code redesigns in #OpenFOAM, available in v4: https://t.co/pYJnVGgFWC7 days ago
- If your company is commercially dependent on #OpenFOAM, contribute to funding EUR 100k for maintenance in 2017: https://t.co/R5ajqfQsWs8 days ago
- Learn effective #CFD with #OpenFOAM Training from the main developers of OpenFOAM. See our schedule and book now: https://t.co/FeiM7Yvm7u8 days ago