Our mission is to make computational fluid dynamics (CFD) accessible and inclusive by developing free, open source CFD software — OpenFOAM — and providing services to its users.
Unlock the power of OpenFOAM to deliver robust CFD solutions. Essential, Applied and Programming OpenFOAM Training courses from the Architects of OpenFOAM.
Our team undertakes OpenFOAM Development projects and code customisation, with experience of managing and executing over 100 development projects.
OpenFOAM Support, direct from the founders and architect of OpenFOAM, covering software deployment and operation, CFD practice, and code customisation.
The leading open source CFD software
Cloud computing replaces large upfront expenses with low, variable payments that only apply to what you use. CFD simulations cover a range of sizes and complexity. Activity is generally interrupted by quiet periods when simulations are halted, e.g. when a simulation ends non-working hours, during analysis of results or preparation of a new simulation, etc. The fluctuating demand makes CFD well suited to a pay-per-use model. Users need to understand the costs involved to get the best value from cloud and be confident that they fall within budget. This article explains the costs, with an example of an external aerodynamics calculation with OpenFOAM using CFD Direct From the Cloud™ (CFDDFC) on Amazon Web Services (AWS).
A breakdown of outstanding issues in OpenFOAM (2016-10-26) shows 90% of unresolved issues falling within only 7 categories. The two worst offenders account for almost half of all unresolved issues: 1) AMI, ACMI and cyclic interfaces; and, 2) heat transfer, including conjugate heat transfer (CHT). These categories, and “particles and tracking” and “sources/constraints” in particular, require significant refactoring and/or rewriting. Their current state of disrepair was caused by poor funding under a roadmap development strategy. Funding of agile development of OpenFOAM is now needed to support our aim to improve quality, with a target 50% reduction in unresolved issues in 2017.
Latest News on Twitter
- Get even more productive #freesoftware #CFD at lower cost with our #OpenFOAM Training from recognised experts: https://t.co/L6zUwG9jhC16 hours ago
- We created a @docker image to run #OpenFOAM v4.1 on macOS with great help from @f_contino and Arnaud Borner: https://t.co/8e1qXgrszv20 hours ago
- From #OpenFOAM code architects, #Essential and #Applied #CFD Training Berlin, 24-27 Apr 2017. Book now: https://t.co/QWLe3CDkaI23 hours ago
- Nice bits of maintenance work done on #OpenFOAM #freesoftware #CFD last Friday #MaintenaceFriday: https://t.co/XtIl8GiYgeyesterday
- Learn from experts to write quality, C++ code in #OpenFOAM with our acclaimed 2 day virtual #Programming #CFD course https://t.co/Xhh17Tr9Uoyesterday
- CFD Direct From the Cloud™ - the complete cloud platform for #OpenFOAM - is now available on @Azure : https://t.co/Q4NYnEmEvs2 days ago
- Our January #OpenFOAM email newsletter has just been sent. Subscribe now to receive the February newsletter now: https://t.co/me4c9tOpe45 days ago
- See our curriculum and what our customers say about our ESSENTIAL #CFD, #OpenFOAM Training course: https://t.co/EWH0HzPCly6 days ago
- Learn effective #CFD in 2017, with the new tools in v4 makes #OpenFOAM easier to use. Book OpenFOAM Training today: https://t.co/6zSEYgcrMn6 days ago
- Build competency in #freesoftware #CFD with our extensive #OpenFOAM Training - better than renewing licences: https://t.co/L6zUwG9jhC7 days ago