Our mission is to make computational fluid dynamics (CFD) accessible and inclusive by developing free, open source CFD software — OpenFOAM — and providing services to its users.
Unlock the power of OpenFOAM to deliver robust CFD solutions. Essential, Applied and Programming OpenFOAM Training courses from the Architects of OpenFOAM.
Our team undertakes OpenFOAM Development projects and code customisation, with experience of managing and executing over 100 development projects.
OpenFOAM Support, direct from the founders and architect of OpenFOAM, covering software deployment and operation, CFD practice, and code customisation.
The leading open source CFD software
CFD Tips is our YouTube channel containing a series of free instructional videos for computational fluid dynamics (CFD) with OpenFOAM. We started the channel in July 2016 and are adding new videos regularly. We aim to provide videos on all aspects of CFD practice, including geometry and meshing, fluid dynamics and modelling, numerics and data analysis. We will also provide videos on OpenFOAM programming, general computing and deployment locally and via the cloud.
OpenFOAM version 4.0 is the latest major version of OpenFOAM, released on 28th June 2016. CFD Direct was by far the largest contributor to OpenFOAM 4.0, contributing the vast majority of new functionality including post-processing, numerous boundary conditions and physical models. Additionally, we contributed across all other aspects of software engineering that make OpenFOAM a mature, modern environment for CFD. This article provides the inside view of that work on the software engineering behind OpenFOAM 4.0, contributed largely during a 3 month period from April-July, 2016.
Latest News on Twitter
- Another 1000 commits to #OpenFOAM-dev in under 9 months from the contributors to OpenFOAM: https://t.co/EfclTzIePb https://t.co/VarS9UPxxc21 hours ago
- From #OpenFOAM code architects, #Essential and #Applied #CFD Training London, 26-29 Sep 2016. Book now: https://t.co/Z2HeNIXYQb5 days ago
- Added documentation for Casson transport / rheology model in the #OpenFOAM User Guide: https://t.co/poM82y4vnn6 days ago
- From #OpenFOAM code architects, #Essential and #Applied #CFD Training Chicago, 17-20 Oct 2016. Book now: https://t.co/8v6D1td5yE6 days ago
- First day of #OpenFOAM Training #CFD, Beijing, China: https://t.co/PjDNT8zYTt https://t.co/1wKjW1YA8W8 days ago
- Lots of code maintenance: making small corrections, removing redundant code, improving readability in #OpenFOAM-dev: https://t.co/2DaePApCP211 days ago
- Added Casson non-Newtonian viscosity model for blood flow #CFD in #OpenFOAM-dev, contributed by Sergey Sindeev: https://t.co/1q06KUAgSQ11 days ago
- Build confidence in #OpenFOAM C++ #Programming #CFD with Virtual Training Europe, 4-5 October 2016. Book now: https://t.co/9y2gZHF3gt12 days ago
- Build confidence in #OpenFOAM C++ #Programming #CFD with Virtual Training Americas, 13-14 Sept 2016. Book now: https://t.co/Pr6uayaiXT12 days ago
- Making (particle) tracking across AMI more robust in #OpenFOAM-dev: https://t.co/AkLrhq6hrU13 days ago