Our mission is to make computational fluid dynamics (CFD) accessible and inclusive by developing free, open source CFD software — OpenFOAM — and providing services to its users.
Unlock the power of OpenFOAM to deliver robust CFD solutions. Essential, Applied and Programming OpenFOAM Training courses from the Architects of OpenFOAM.
Our team undertakes OpenFOAM Development projects and code customisation, with experience of managing and executing over 100 development projects.
OpenFOAM Support, direct from the founders and architect of OpenFOAM, covering software deployment and operation, CFD practice, and code customisation.
The leading open source CFD software
In January-April 2017, CFD Direct are running sessions of their OpenFOAM Training courses — Essential CFD, Applied CFD and Programming CFD — fully updated with the latest features of the new version 4 release of OpenFOAM: 31 Jan – 1 Feb 2017, Virtual Americas; 6-9 Feb 2017, London UK; 27 Feb – 2 Mar 2017, Houston USA; 21-22 Mar, Virtual Europe; 24-27 April 2017, Berlin Germany. OpenFOAM v4 contains new functionality we introduced in OpenFOAM v4 to improve usability so our course participants spend less time struggling with quirks of the software, leaving more time to build and practice their CFD skills.
CFD Tips is our YouTube channel containing a series of free instructional videos for computational fluid dynamics (CFD) with OpenFOAM. We started the channel in July 2016 and are adding new videos regularly. We aim to provide videos on all aspects of CFD practice, including geometry and meshing, fluid dynamics and modelling, numerics and data analysis. We will also provide videos on OpenFOAM programming, general computing and deployment locally and via the cloud.
Latest News on Twitter
- Join us in Jan-Apr 2017 at our #OpenFOAM Training #CFD courses, Virtual, London, Houston, Berlin. Book now at https://t.co/6zSEYgcrMn3 days ago
- Added support for tensor fields to the linearUpwind scheme in #OpenFOAM-dev: https://t.co/uESm1wyDCR3 days ago
- Added Maxwell model for viscoelasticity using the upper-convected time derivative of stress in #OpenFOAM-dev: https://t.co/F1vF8yNFdo4 days ago
- Created a general base-class and selection mechanism for laminar stress models in #OpenFOAM-dev: https://t.co/C3wN8HiffP4 days ago
- Engineers and students can do successful #opensource #CFD with confidence with our Essential CFD #OpenFOAM Training: https://t.co/EWH0HzPCly5 days ago
- Improved usability of blockMesh with checks that report precise errors in block definitions in #OpenFOAM-dev: https://t.co/r4etu87IEu5 days ago
- Packaged first weekly upgrade of #openfoam-dev for #Ubuntu. Upgrade with apt-get install --only-upgrade openfoam-dev https://t.co/wswtYREciF6 days ago
- New fast, more robust PBiCGStab solver also included in #OpenFOAM-4.x: https://t.co/D3zp1iFDQ19 days ago
- Added support for displacement-based elliptic solvers for mesh motion with nDoF rigid bodies in #OpenFOAM-dev: https://t.co/IGBDVhaUrl10 days ago
- Start of day 2 of #OpenFOAM #Programming #CFD Virtual Training, Americas: https://t.co/Xhh17Tr9Uo11 days ago