- 11-13 Sep: Virtual, Americas, Programming CFD.
- 24-27 Sep: London UK, Essential and Applied CFD, with a limited number of places to attend remotely via the Internet.
- 2-4 Oct: Virtual, Europe, Programming CFD.
- 15-18 Oct: Chicago USA, Essential and Applied CFD, with a limited number of places to attend remotely via the Internet.
- 30 Oct – 1 Nov: Virtual, Asia-Pacific, Essential CFD.
- 5-7 Nov: Virtual, Asia-Pacific, Applied CFD.
- 12-15 Nov: Munich Germany, Essential and Applied CFD.
Effective CFD by Design
We design our OpenFOAM Training so that users can learn effective CFD, giving them the confidence to carry out CFD analysis, repeatedly, to a defined standard in a timely manner. We build competency by teaching how to create CFD solutions through a process of design:
- Prototype – building a representative solution, from a template, rapidly (timely manner).
- Production – refining the solution by an iterative design process, making small changes and testing frequently (confidence).
- Packaging – making the solution reliable, cost effective and easy to use again and again (repeatedly, defined standard).
CFD Direct manages, maintains and develops OpenFOAM. Through the public release of the development version (
OpenFOAM-dev), and the adoption of a sustainable development strategy, we have made OpenFOAM more robust and easier to use. We have included numerous tools for productive CFD so that users waste less time on routine tasks. Our training teaches these tools and is fully updated for latest features in v6:
- Heat Transfer – simplified case setup with the foamSetupCHT utility and the singleFluidCHT template case.
- Visualisation – updated sampling for graphs, extended seeding options for streamlines.
- Case Management – foamInfo script to find information, and time and jobInfo function objects.
- Case Initialisation – foamGet script to copy configuration files quickly, and foamDictionary to edit file entries.
- Meshing – updated surfaceFeatures utility, general dynamic mesh capability.
- General – improved AMI, multiphase, particles and other modelling.