In accordance with our plans for OpenFOAM Training during COVID-19, CFD Direct have rescheduled courses as live virtual training classes. Please follow the links below to register for OpenFOAM Training which can be taken from the safety and comfort of your own home.
CFD Direct are running their OpenFOAM Training courses, Essential CFD, Applied CFD and Programming CFD, fully updated with the latest features of OpenFOAM v7. Courses are available:
- 28-30 Jan: Virtual, Americas, Programming CFD.
- 3-6 Feb: London UK, Essential and Applied CFD, with a limited number of places to attend remotely via the Internet.
- 24-27 Feb: Houston USA, Essential and Applied CFD.
- 17-19 Mar: Virtual, Europe, Programming CFD.
- 11-15 May: Virtual (previously Cologne), Essential and Applied CFD.
- 9-11 Jun: Virtual (previously Denver), Programming CFD.
- 15-19 Jun: Virtual (previously Denver), Essential and Applied CFD.
- 7-9 Jul: Virtual Europe, Programming CFD.
Productive CFD with OpenFOAM
We design our OpenFOAM Training so that users can learn effective CFD, giving them the confidence to carry out CFD analysis, repeatedly, to a defined standard in a timely manner. We provide 3 courses — Essential CFD, Applied CFD, and Programming CFD — that teach reliable procedures to configure, run and maintain CFD simulations.
CFD Direct manages, maintains and develops OpenFOAM on behalf of the OpenFOAM Foundation. Through the public release of the development version (
OpenFOAM-dev), and the adoption of a sustainable development strategy, we have made OpenFOAM more robust and easier to use. We have included numerous tools for productive CFD so that users waste less time on routine tasks. Our training teaches these tools and is fully updated for latest features in v7:
- Meshing: standardized dynamic mesh capability, improved motion solvers.
- Visualisation – improved cutting planes, iso-surfaces and seeding options for streamlines.
- Case Management – extended options for the foamInfo script to find information.
- Case Initialisation – new dictionary directives and options for foamGet and foamDictionary scripts.
- Heat transfer: consolidated solvers and improved convergence and robustness.
- Turbulence: improved consistency and stability of wall functions, added sources.
- General – improved multiphase, particles, turbulence, thermophysical and other modelling.